The electronics giant also noted that The Wall is the world's first "modular" television; meaning consumers will be able to customize the microLED screen to be smaller or even larger than the 146-inch behemoth Samsung introduced. This is the heart and soul of the new Wall TV from the company and Samsung is promising that it will be part of the "screen of the future". Well, first and foremost, there's something called Modular microLED. It also showcases some of the latest and most advanced TV display technology Samsung has ever presented to the wider world. This can be a problem for OLED screens as, unlike LCD displays which have own backlight, the light for an OLED screen is created by the pixels themselves - which, in the case of an 8K display, are tiny. "OLED is clearly a next-generation technology leader and for this reason, LG Display is accelerating its research and development into OLED so that we can provide differentiated products to customers and markets".
It is difficulty to manufacture micro-LED screens because because the LEDs as they are to be individually placed onto a layer by machines.
As we mentioned previously, the Wall by Samsung measures 146-inches and comes with a self-emitting panel which uses MicroLED technology to produce pictures. Perhaps MicroLED can get brighter; Samsung hasn't specified yet.
As expected, many of these are TVs, as CES is the TV trade show.
Samsung hasn't yet named an official price for The Wall or a firm launch date but there will be a press event in March with more information.
- Analysts Recommendations EOG Resources, Inc. (EOG)
- Nintendo's Switch becomes the fastest-selling system ever in the US
- Manchester attack 'hero' Chris Parker admits stealing from victims
- New center opens for victims of human trafficking
- EPS Forecast Revision Scan: Portland General Electric Company (POR)
- Barcelona snap up Colombian defender Yerry Mina from Palmeiras for £10.5m
- The Safestyle UK PLC's (SFE) "Buy" Rating Reiterated at Liberum Capital
- Like Florida, Virginia Seeks Offshore Drilling Exemption
- Disney announces new Star Wars: Rivals action shooter for Android and iOS
- Whetstone Capital Advisors LLC Increases Holding in Energy Transfer Equity LP (ETE)