DJ Koh, president of Samsung's mobile business, said its first flagship smartphone of the year will be unveiled at the trade show in February with the sales date also announced at the event, at a press conference at CES in Las Vegas.
If true, the Galaxy X would be Samsung's newest smartphone offering to come with such technology.
If this box is to be trusted, it shows that the Galaxy S9 will be more of an evolution than a revolution.
There is actually also some debate as to the shape of the Galaxy X. There seems to be a consensus that Samsung has a 7.3-inch in-folding panel for this objective.
Citing industry sources, the Investor reports that Samsung Display showed two types of folding devices, both featuring 7.3-inch screens: "infolding" (with the screen on the inside) and "outfolding" (screen on the outside).
The hands-on pic also largely corroborates the most credible gossip out there, including the presence of only 4GB RAM and a single rear-facing camera. Up front, we can expect an 8-megapixel autofocus camera.
The previous model, the Galaxy S8 was revealed a month before its launch in April past year. Although there are rumours that Galaxy S9 Plus will have a dual camera setup with 6 GB RAM so if you need a better camera and more RAM then you'll have to shed more money. Key features of the handset are said to be to compete with Face ID, .
Owners could also be treated to speakers and headphones tuned by AKG and 64GB of internal memory.
- Turkey issues U.S. travel warning
- IRAN ON EDGE: Supreme Leader LASHES OUT at 'Enemies' as Iran Crumbles
- 'Wonder Woman' star Gal Gadot honored for female representation in media
- Search for mystery $55 million Powerball jackpot victor
- Trains suspended due to huge fire at Nottingham station
- Wendy Williams Made The Most Inappropriate Comment About Kylie Jenner
- Uber and Careem recruit female drivers in Saudi Arabia
- The Queen reveals the crown could "break your neck"
- Super Blue Blood-Moon Makes Appearance in 2018
- Infosys beats Street estimates in Q3, PAT grows 37.6% QoQ