Philippe Coutinho's move from Liverpool to Barcelona has elicited messages of both farewell and congratulations from players across both clubs, and one of the Reds' newest additions Mohamed Salah did not let their short time together stop him from penning a tribute to the Brazilian.
Furthermore, the Citizens are 15 points ahead of their closest rivals in the Premier League and moving to the Etihad would most likely get Alexis a PL medal in May.
The duo had Liverpool fans on the edge of their seat throughout the season as the pair combined easily but their brief time together came to an abrupt end when the 25-year-old sealed his £142m move to the Spanish giants.
But Salah has said all the right things and dismissed the talk.
"There has been plenty of criticism of Liverpool's recruitment in recent years - much of it deserved". But just as with the signing of Sadio Mané in 2016, they have spent very well in bringing Salah back to England after his disappointing spell at Chelsea.
"Paying over £35 million seemed risky, but as was the case with Mané, Salah already looks to be worth more than he cost".
Exactly what Liverpool fans want to hear.
Spanish publication Marca also ran some Salah quotes on Thursday night regarding Real Madrid's reported interest in him.
If this is true, Liverpool could find themselves in a very sticky situation if Salah were to leave - which I don't think he would even if Real Madrid came calling.
Their No. 9 is now contracted until the summer of 2020, but Liverpool wants to make sure that, if they have to lose Firmino at any point, then they will be able to command the highest fee possible due to having complete security on the contract front.
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. (WMT) Shares Bought by ProShare Advisors LLC
- Disney announces new Star Wars: Rivals action shooter for Android and iOS
- Three weather warnings have been issued for twelve counties
- Acuity Brands (AYI) Misses on Q1 Earnings and Revenues
- Express Scripts (ESRX) Now Covered by Analysts at Evercore ISI
- Following the Technicals for First Industrial Realty Trust (FR)
- Effectively hedging the stocks in today's share market: Snyder's-Lance, Inc. (LNCE)
- Trump orders expanded broadband access in rural US
- Marcus Lattimore returns to SC as director of player development
- Barcelona snap up Colombian defender Yerry Mina from Palmeiras for £10.5m