The new year has begun on a high note for Rocket League.
Rocket-powered auto soccer game Rocket League now has 40 million players, developer Psyonix announced on Twitter.
Last July Rocket League had hit 33 million players so in just the span of 6 months it managed to grow by another 7 million players across multiple platforms. It recently released for Nintendo Switch, which likely helped to boost the global player-base. We're fans of Rocket League here at TeamVVV and are keen to see what the future has in store for this fantastic and addictive slice of gaming goodness. Our in-game Tournaments feature is still on track, though we had to delay the initial beta test until early next year.
In case you've been living under a rock for the past few years, the simple idea of cars driving around and playing soccer blew up into this really major video game called Rocket League.
"There's a ton of great "Quality of Life" updates in the works to improve your daily experience with things like inventory management, and we're working on some new Achievements and Trophies for the hunters out there", he added.
- Luxturna Gene Therapy for Blindness Priced at $850K
- Grace and Chase set South African Open pace
- Bank of America Initiates Coverage on Plains All American Pipeline (PAA)
- FY2016 Earnings Estimate for Devon Energy Corp. Issued By CLSA (DVN)
- Shares in Morgan Stanley (MS) Purchased by Point72 Asset Management LP
- San Luis Resort Shooting Leaves 4 Dead
- Deepika Padukone Finally Reveals Her Plans For Marriage!
- Katie Smith, Tina Thompson among 10 Women's Basketball Hall of Fame finalists
- Hyperkin plans to revive the Game Boy before Nintendo has a chance
- US Trade Rep Blasts Canada WTO Complaint About US Duties