Before the revision, Vodafone customers doing recharge of ₹458 or ₹509 were offered free local and STD voice calls, free outgoing on roaming, 100 local and national SMS per day, and, 1 GB 3G/4G data per day. With 1GB data of bundled high-speed data with the pack, users will now get 91GB of 4G/ 3G data with the plan now. Airtel's new Rs. 93 prepaid recharge pack is giving a tough competition to Reliance Jio Rs. 98 recharge pack. 2GB of free data would be provided to them along with a 30-day validity period.
Vodafone has revised its Rs. 448 and Rs. 509 plans to offer more validity and data to prepaid subscribers just as the Reliance Jio slashed prices of its 1GB data per day plans. The validity of this pack is 70 days. Just as the Airtel's plan, Jio's plan is valid for 28 days. Jio has changed all plans and now started offering extra data with extra validity. Users can also get access to personal ring back tone for a period of 28 days. Freebies offered by the operator include free calls (including roaming), 100 free SMSes per day, and Jio apps subscription.
Airtel on Monday had revised its plans to offer validity of 82 days with the Rs. 448 plan, up from 70 days. Vodafone's Rs 509 will compete against Airtel's Rs 509 and Jio's Rs 498 plans. The ₹458 prepaid plan now has a validity of 84 days whereas the ₹509 prepaid plan now comes with a validity of 91 days.
Trai data showed the total base of phone subscribers fell to 1,185.88 million in end-November from 1,201.72 million in end-October, reflecting a 1.32% dip. Interestingly, in Odisha, Rajasthan and Haryana circles, both the Rs. 458 and Rs. 509 plans offer validity of 84 days, which essentially leaves the latter redundant.
Bharti Airtel, however, continued to remain India's biggest telco with 289.53 million customers, while Mukesh Ambani-led Jio's subscriber base has grown to a shade over 152 million, end-November.
- Embiid continues to show 76ers are different team with center in lineup
- Facebook 'Portal' to compete with Echo Show, report says
- Thomas Bjorn already losing sleep over Ryder Cup captaincy
- Sluggish growth in BFSI drags TCS profit in third quarter
- DST Systems Holding On To Strong Gain In Afternoon Trading
- Kratos Defense & Security Solutions (NASDAQ:KTOS) Earns News Sentiment Rating of 0.16
- Basaksehir: Arda will make history with us
- Hornets' Steve Clifford cleared to return after health issue
- Christian Bale still hasn't seen Ben Affleck's Batman
- Jon Gruden Net Worth 2018: How Much Is Raiders HC Worth Now?