Proteas fast bowler, Kagiso Rabada, hopes to maintain his position at the top of the Test bowling rankings with consistent performances throughout the season.
"It's special to be ranked as the No.1 Test bowler in the world‚ it is a surreal feeling‚" Rabada said.
Rabada became only the seventh South African bowler to reach the summit of the table, which were released on Tuesday, following his contribution in the 72-run win against India in the first Test match at Newlands which ended on Monday. At only 22, Kagiso, Proteas' fast bowler, has been recognized as the World's Number 1 Bowler.
In the rankings for Test batsmen, Steven Smith, the Australia captain, retained the top spot with 947 points, but there was some movement just behind him. Pujara dropped two places from third to fifth, whereas Murali Vijay, Shikhar Dhawan and Rohit Sharma also slipped. Usman Khawaja, Shaun Marsh and Mitchell Marsh have all achieved career-best rankings due to their centuries in the Sydney Test.
Rabada leapfrogged James Anderson to No.1 after the first Test between South Africa and India, in which he took five wickets and was part of a famous win.
"Our bowling attack is very skilled, as we have seen in the past and in the last game". I am very thankful to my teammates for such support as Cricket is ultimately a team sport. "Sometimes I feel I am bowling quickly and the speed gun says 145 or sometimes I can feel like I bowl a decent ball and the speed gun says 131", he said. For his match figures of nine for 75, which also earned him the player of the match award, the 32-year-old has earned 67 points, which, in turn, has lifted him from 12th to sixth position.
The second test match against India gets underway on the 13th of January at SuperSport Park in Centurion. His younger brother Mitchell has been rewarded for his 101 with a leap of eight places that has put him in 57th position.
There was no change in the allrounders' rankings, which is still headed by Shakib Al Hasan, with Ravindra Jadeja and R Ashwin in second and third place respectively.
- Triple H Talks About Ronda Rousey's Future; 2018 Hall Of Fame Class
- George Papadopoulous Drunken Bragging in London Wine Bar Started Trump Collusion Investigation
- Analysts Showing Optimistic Trends For Tesla Motors, Inc. (TSLA)
- Lotteria Italia 2018, i biglietti vincenti estratti il 6 gennaio
- Trump orders expanded broadband access in rural US
- Whetstone Capital Advisors LLC Increases Holding in Energy Transfer Equity LP (ETE)
- Chinese fans may finally get a chance to play Pokemon Go
- Press focuses on mass burial of victims of killings by herdsmen, others
- New York Knicks at Minnesota Timberwolves preview for January 12 Video
- What Is Cooper Tire & Rubber Company's (NYSE:CTB) Share Price Doing?