President Donald Trump started the new year with a round of golf before he heads back to Washington D.C. later in the day.
The tweet included a celebratory video recap of the president's first year in office, showing gauzy footage of him meeting with world leaders, visiting disaster victims and giving speeches, all accompanied by inspirational music and clips of Trump speaking.
Additional flight restrictions apply within a 30-nautical-mile range of the airport, which is just over two miles from Mar-a-Lago. "2018 will be a great year for America!"
One longtime denizen of ritzy Palm Beach noted to a reporter that Mar-a-Lago was considered new-money and gaudy compared with more venerable clubs in town.
Mr. Trump had lunch with Florida Gov. Rick Scott on Sunday.
"The president has been briefed on security measures that are being taken by federal, state and local authorities to help ensure a safe and festive New Year's Eve".
"At Mar-a-Lago, anyone who can get within eyesight changes the game", a former White House official told the Post.
White House spokeswoman Helen Ferre said Trump invited the Republican governor "to discuss ongoing hurricane recovery efforts, the need to improve the nation's aging infrastructure and other matters important to Floridians". "2018 will be a great year for America!"
Trump and Scott - who have broken bread together at least three other times in Washington and in Bedminster, N.J.
Separately, Trump tweeted: " Iran is failing at every level despite the awful deal made with them by the Obama Administration. Trump tweeted from Mar-a-Lago about an hour before heading to the golf course. He's already sent his first tweets of the New Year, criticizing the governments of Iran and Pakistan. On the subject of Pakistan, Trump tweets that Pakistan has given the USA nothing but "lies and deceit" for many years in spite of receiving billions of dollars in aid.
"As our Country rapidly grows stronger and smarter, I want to wish all of my friends, supporters, enemies, haters, and even the very dishonest Fake News Media, a Happy and Healthy New Year", Trump wrote on Twitter.
- Woman in posh hotel alleges molestation, accused arrested
- BSP MLA Mukhtar Ansari, wife suffers heart attack in UP jail, hospitalised
- 'Dangerously cold' wind chills threaten millions from Great Lakes to New England
- Celebrities Spoke up after Ivanka Trump Supported Time's Up
- Stocks inside Traders Spotlight: VMware, Inc. (VMW), Regal Entertainment Group (RGC)
- Vanguard CDN Short Term Corp Bd ETF (VSC.TO): Technicals in Focus
- Police hilariously warn against 'highly addictive' Girl Scout cookies
- UK says limit kids to 2 sugary snacks
- Huntington Bancshares (HBAN) Stock Rating Reaffirmed by Vining Sparks
- Eminem, The Killers, Muse lead lineup for Bonnaroo Festival