The updated Jio plan at Rs 498 offers 136GB 4G data for 91 days.
Here are the plans by different operators and what they're offering.
The plan comes with a 84 day validity, though it has similar benefits as the Rs 509 plan. Thus, the industry pricing trend is moving towards competitive pricing on long validity plans to increase customer stickiness, it said.
Fair usage policy per day restricts data at 5GB per day after which the internet speed will go down to 64Kbps.
Airtel's new plan also gives 100 SMSs per day and roaming calls.
While for Jio the entire customers are in broadband data subscribers, for the industry this constitutes only 20 per cent. Non-broadband subscribers are typically low ARPU-generating customers.
"The latest price cut indicates pricing discipline may still be uncertain and highly dependent on consumer behaviour despite industry consolidation paving the way for long-term structural improvements".
The Telecom Commission, the highest decision-making wing in the communications ministry, on Tuesday endorsed the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India's (Trai) key suggestions such as removing the 50% limit put on telcos on holding airwaves within each band, post-mergers, and also increasing the overall spectrum holding limit for licenced telcos to 35% from 25%.
Vodafone has revamped its Rs 458 and Rs 509 recharge offers to give users more data for a longer validity.
The Rs 509 plan by the company now offers 1GB of 4G/3G data per day. The company has extended its validity from 84 days to 91 days. This means users will get a total of 91GB data under this plan, compared to 84GB previously. However, the up to 250 mins/day and/or 1000 mins/week limit stays on calls. If you recharge the newly introduced the Rs 193 data add-on pack, your daily data offer will be increased to 3GB per day.
Vodafone offers 1GB 4G/3G data per day at Rs 509.
This serving of data comes at the side of free local and STD calls even on roaming and local and national SMS.
Acquisition of the unsold RCom airwaves is expected to help Jio establish its supremacy in the efficient 850 MHz band and help it fight Bharti Airtel and the future Idea-Vodafone combined entity in a fiercely competitive telecom market. In all other circles, buyers will get 84-day and 91-day validity with the Rs. 458 and Rs. 509 prepaid packs.
- Weather warning details heavy snow and ice threat
- Rio Tinto plc (RIO) PT Raised to GBX 3800
- LeBron James Roasts Cleveland Browns In Spectacular Fashion After 0-16 Season
- Former Sheriff David Clarke Twitter-Blocked After Violent Anti-CNN Message
- Idea's counters Airtel; offers unlimited calling and 1GB data at Rs 93
- Ohio Republicans Floating Jim Tressel for Senate
- Giants have discussed Andrew McCutchen with Pirates
- Florida Panthers Win Streak Snapped in Loss to Minnesota Wild
- TiVo Is Getting Amazon Alexa And Google Assistant Integration
- 'Girls Trip's' Tiffany Haddish wins 1st major award as season kicks off