Police in ME are warning cookie lovers to beware because Girl Scout cookie season is in full swing.
The organization's new S'mores flavor is making a return.
"The chances of cheating on your New Year's resolution with one or numerous delicious flavors is high", according to a Scouts press release.
Police joked the "Cookie Cartel", also known as cute and innocent girl scouts, lure unsuspecting buyers into a good cause. Peterson says their goal with this contest is to engage the public with the Cookie Program.
"We did it for the first time previous year during the Cookie Program and it was pretty successful".
When one make a Girl Scout Cookie purchase, they're helping the next generation of girl entrepreneurs get an important taste of what it takes to be successful - teamwork, planning, and a positive outlook.
"Much of the cookie money goes to Columbus for our council for programming for the girls", said Parsons.
Peterson adds the success of the Cookie Program helps to support the troops and invest in their communities. "The troops keep the proceeds from the sale", said Peterson. Some troops use it to pay their registration for the next year, some use it to buy uniforms, some use it to travel.
Cookie booth sales begin Friday, Feb. 9, at local businesses throughout the Delmarva Peninsula.
Caramel deLites, Peanut Butter Patties, Thanks-A-Lot, Lemonades, Thin Mints, Shortbread, Peanut Butter Sandwich and Girl Scout S'mores. Anybody can order cookies anytime they want clear up through March 17.
- Investors Purchase High Volume of Symantec Call Options (NASDAQ:SYMC)
- Priyanka Chopra to return with "Quantico" on April 26
- Palestinian Authority Paid Terrorists Over $347 Million in 2017
- Airtel Broadband Users Can Avail Free Amazon Prime Membership for One Year
- BSP MLA Mukhtar Ansari, wife suffers heart attack in UP jail, hospitalised
- Bill Belichick: I don't know if Malcolm Mitchell returns this year
- Stock Focus: Nippon Express (NPEXY) Lower -54.32% Over the Last Month
- 'Dangerously cold' wind chills threaten millions from Great Lakes to New England
- Pak-US cooperation imperative for regional peace: Foreign Office
- Huntington Bancshares (HBAN) Stock Rating Reaffirmed by Vining Sparks