Pokemon GO developer Niantic has announced an upcoming update that will incorporate Apple's ARKit, resulting in a more polished augmented reality experience, but bar devices unable to run iOS 11 from playing the game.
The latest beta follows the official release of iOS 11.2.2 for iPhone and iPad. It could be released to beta testers soon, although if Apple plans to release the final version next week, the may skip beta testers for this one.
As far as changes, based on the version number, we expect this to focus on bug fix and security improvements. In this regard, Siri will play news from The Washington Post by default. However, you would have the option available to switch to other podcasts like CNN, Fox News or NPR.
Registered Apple developers can now download iOS 11.2.5 beta 5 from the Cupertino giant's Developer Center, or over-the-air provided they have properly configured their device for testing.
The newly added podcast news feature seems to have added by the company for use with the company's upcoming HomePod Smart Speaker.
It's still not clear if iOS 11.2.5 beta 5 comes with other new features.
According to developers and beta testers who now have access to the pre-release versions of iOS 11.2.5, the next iOS update will introduce a new audio news feature that will enable Siri to play daily news podcasts when asked about the latest news. To be precise, you can use the feature anywhere where the display of the device is not accessible. Of course, we'll let you know of anything notable. There do not appear to be any more major new features in the latest beta of Apple's iOS. There will be more to the story, so be sure to stay tuned in for more details.
- Courtney Act Joins 'Celebrity Big Brother' in the UK!
- Penn State RB Saquon Barkley to be represented by Roc Nation
- The Western Union (WU) Lifted to "Neutral" at Susquehanna Bancshares
- Minnesota Timberwolves: 5 potential trades for Nikola Mirotic
- HTC 10 now gets Android Oreo update
- What Tommy Wiseau Wanted to Say Before James Franco Stopped Him
- How will Congress fund health insurance for children — The CHIP showdown
- Macron to plan law to fight fake news on the Net
- Iran holds out hope for survivors on burning oil tanker
- Huawei's AT&T USA smartphone deal collapses