The government will submit legislation to deduct an equivalent amount the Palestinian Authority pays terrorists and their families, from tax and tariffs Israel collects for the PA, Defense Minister Avigdor Liberman said on Monday.
The Palestinian Authority paid terrorists and their families more than $347 million past year, according to its own records.
A PA terrorist serving a sentence of between three and five years in an Israeli prison gets NIS 2,000 a month in "salary", while the payments for terrorists serving 25 to 30 years can be as high as NIS 10,000 a month. American lawmakers have argued that the stipends are themselves incitement after captured terrorist have averred that they carried out the act of violence in order to receive the PA stipend. Terrorists who are Yerushalayim residents get an extra NIS 300 a month in bonus payments, and if the terrorist is an Israeli citizen, he gets NIS 500 over his regular pay.
"I think the PA encourages and incentivizes terrorism", Liberman said at a Yisrael Beytenu faction meeting. Each additional box the terrorist can check off earns them an additional $15 to $120 dollars per month.
Obviously, terrorism is a "growth industry" in the PA, as well as one of its better-paying careers.
"The PA pays over a billion shekels a year to terrorists and their families, thus encouraging and perpetuating terror", he said. "When the payments are determined according to the severity of the crime and the length of the sentence, meaning that whoever murders and receives a life sentence receives much more, this constitutes funding terror attacks against Israeli citizens".
"We must put a stop to it", he stated.
According to the bill, the Defense Minister will present the PA's payment summary to the Security Cabinet at the end of every calendar year, after which the same sum will be deducted from Israel's payments to the PA accordingly.
The Defense Ministry bill is a version of legislation submitted by Yesh Atid MK Elazar Stern.
Last Wednesday, the Israeli Knesset passed by preliminary first reading a bill that allows death sentences to Palestinians.
- Rational Advisors LLC Has $683000 Holdings in Mondelez International Inc (MDLZ)
- Trump will Give Fake News Awards
- Grace and Chase set South African Open pace
- Liam Fox - Too soon to seek membership of Trans-Pacific trade deal
- QI In Focus For Spirit Realty Capital, Inc. (NYSE:SRC)
- Wetherby Asset Management Inc. Decreases Stake in Cisco Systems, Inc. (CSCO)
- Markets scale fresh highs again, Nifty nears 10700-mark
- Near term Outlook For Oasis Petroleum Inc. (NYSE:OAS)
- HTC U11 EYEs Smartphone With Dual Selfie Cameras Leaked
- Abbott Laboratories (NYSE:ABT) Shares Sold by Stearns Financial Services Group