Pakistan's top all-rounder Imad Wasim has been ruled out of the T20 series in New Zealand after the national selectors confirmed that he is yet to recover completely from a knee injury.
Due to inconsistent performances, the 26-year-old Shehzad was dropped for the third T20I against Sri Lanka in Lahore in November, but his recent exploits helped him make a comeback in the squad.
Inzaman said that Imad Wasim has not recovered from his knee injury, and will continue rehabilitation at the National Cricket Academy.
Azhar Ali, who took Shehzad's spot in the ODI squad, was left out of the Twenty20 side. "Mohammad Nawaz has been named to replace Imad Wasim", said chief selector Inzamam-ul-Haq.
The Men in Green are two down in the ongoing five-match ODI series in New Zealand, with the third match scheduled to be played in Dunedin on Saturday. Furthermore, Sohaib Maqsood was not considered for selection due to back injury and will undergo rehabilitation at the NCA. The side will be captained by wicket-keeper batsman Sarfraz Ahmed. The first of the three T20s will be played on January 22 at the Westpac Stadium in Wellington, three days after the fifth ODI.
The Pakistan T20 squad: Ahmed Shehzad, Fakhar Zaman, Babar Azam, Shoaib Malik, Muhammad Hafeez, Haris Sohail, Sarfaraz Ahmed (Capt), Aamir Yamin, Faheem Ashraf, Shadab Khan, Muhammad Aamir, Hassan Ali, Rumman Raees, Muhammad Nawaz and Umar Amin.
- Paul Sorvino Goes Off on Harvey Weinstein: 'I Will Kill the Motherf***er'
- Jefferies Group Reaffirms Buy Rating for Urban Outfitters (NASDAQ:URBN)
- Peel Hunt Reaffirms "Buy" Rating for Nostrum Oil & Gas (LON:NOG)
- Plus DI Higher Than Minus DI on Shares of Watsco Inc (WSO)
- Microsoft (MSFT) Rating Reiterated by Wells Fargo & Co
- Merrill Lynch Bans Clients from Investing in Bitcoin Fund
- Doheny Asset Management CA Has $1552000 Position in Marathon Petroleum Corporation (MPC)
- QUALCOMM Incorporated (QCOM) Given New $65.00 Price Target at Instinet
- Trump hosts Republican chiefs at Camp David to set 2018 agenda
- Pointstate Capital LP Boosted Position in Wells Fargo Co New