In his first season in Minnesota, Teague is averaging 13.4 points and a team-high 7.3 assists per game.
Minnesota has won back-to-back games heading into Wednesday's home game against Oklahoma City.
Timberwolves center Karl-Anthony Towns is developing into one of the most dominant big men in the league, but he had a hard matchup going up against an opposing player on Wednesday night.
Wednesday's clash on ESPN is not only their fourth and final meeting of the regular season but could very well be a preview of more to come. This performance has brought the Wolves to 16th in the league in defensive rating which now stands at 106.2, which when matched with their 110.2 offensive rating gives the Wolves the fifth best net rating in the league at 4.0, sitting behind Golden State, Houston, Toronto and Boston. Because both teams were dealing with new rosters, it was a feeling-out process.
The Timberwolves, who haven't made the playoffs since 2004, have an impressive 27-16 record and steamrolled the Cleveland Cavaliers, 127-99, on Monday. "We played three times in a short timeframe".
The Wolves defense was a big positive in this game.
Cleveland shot just 39.1 percent from the field through three quarters against Minnesota.
"We've had some great, great games against them", Thunder coach Billy Donovan said (StarTribune).
The win is the third in a row for the T-Wolves and the seventh game in a row where they held their opponents under 100 points.
The previous three games this season between Minnesota and Oklahoma City were much closer.
The team this afternoon upgraded its injury report on Teague from out to questionable. He's missed seven games with a Grade 1 MCL sprain in his left knee.
ESPN.com also posted a more substantial (free, not Insider) debate between five of their NBA Insiders, including Brian Windhorst, who's reported plenty on Tom Thibodeau and the Wolves over the past year-plus, and Kevin Pelton, the ESPN Insider advanced stats/analytics guru. "We'll see how he feels tomorrow and we'll go from there".
- Marcus Lattimore returns to SC as director of player development
- Manchester attack 'hero' Chris Parker admits stealing from victims
- New center opens for victims of human trafficking
- Disney announces new Star Wars: Rivals action shooter for Android and iOS
- Ronaldo de Lima: Neymar to PSG, a step back
- Barcelona snap up Colombian defender Yerry Mina from Palmeiras for £10.5m
- Zinedine Zidane 'tired' of 'negative' Real Madrid coverage
- Samsung Unveils 146-Inch, Wall-Sized TV Called 'The Wall'
- Again, Pinnick Charges Home-Eagles On CHAN 2018
- Trump orders expanded broadband access in rural US