In his first season in Minnesota, Teague is averaging 13.4 points and a team-high 7.3 assists per game.
Minnesota has won back-to-back games heading into Wednesday's home game against Oklahoma City.
Timberwolves center Karl-Anthony Towns is developing into one of the most dominant big men in the league, but he had a hard matchup going up against an opposing player on Wednesday night.
Wednesday's clash on ESPN is not only their fourth and final meeting of the regular season but could very well be a preview of more to come. This performance has brought the Wolves to 16th in the league in defensive rating which now stands at 106.2, which when matched with their 110.2 offensive rating gives the Wolves the fifth best net rating in the league at 4.0, sitting behind Golden State, Houston, Toronto and Boston. Because both teams were dealing with new rosters, it was a feeling-out process.
The Timberwolves, who haven't made the playoffs since 2004, have an impressive 27-16 record and steamrolled the Cleveland Cavaliers, 127-99, on Monday. "We played three times in a short timeframe".
The Wolves defense was a big positive in this game.
Cleveland shot just 39.1 percent from the field through three quarters against Minnesota.
"We've had some great, great games against them", Thunder coach Billy Donovan said (StarTribune).
The win is the third in a row for the T-Wolves and the seventh game in a row where they held their opponents under 100 points.
The previous three games this season between Minnesota and Oklahoma City were much closer.
The team this afternoon upgraded its injury report on Teague from out to questionable. He's missed seven games with a Grade 1 MCL sprain in his left knee.
ESPN.com also posted a more substantial (free, not Insider) debate between five of their NBA Insiders, including Brian Windhorst, who's reported plenty on Tom Thibodeau and the Wolves over the past year-plus, and Kevin Pelton, the ESPN Insider advanced stats/analytics guru. "We'll see how he feels tomorrow and we'll go from there".
- Trump orders expanded broadband access in rural US
- George Papadopoulous Drunken Bragging in London Wine Bar Started Trump Collusion Investigation
- New center opens for victims of human trafficking
- Barcelona snap up Colombian defender Yerry Mina from Palmeiras for £10.5m
- Samsung Unveils 146-Inch, Wall-Sized TV Called 'The Wall'
- Star linebacker JJ Peterson commits to Tennessee
- Nintendo's Switch becomes the fastest-selling system ever in the US
- Manchester attack 'hero' Chris Parker admits stealing from victims
- Following the Technicals for First Industrial Realty Trust (FR)
- Acuity Brands (AYI) Misses on Q1 Earnings and Revenues