Oscar victor NATALIE PORTMAN is now in talks to take over the role previously held by Reese Witherspoon in Noah Hawley's feature debut PALE BLUE DOT, the Tracking Board has confirmed. Reese Witherspoon, who was approached first by the makers of the movie, left the project after her schedule clashed with the shooting of season 2 of "Big Little Lies".
The drama was once meant to be a starring vehicle for Reese Witherspoon, but she is instead producing along with Bruna Papandrea. Hawley directs from a script by Elliott DiGuiseppi and Brian C Brown. FX recently said at its Television Critics Association panel that his other show, "Fargo", would not return till 2019, which would give Hawley plenty of time to shoot "Pale Blue Dot".
Based on the premise that protracted time in space takes a toll on one's ability to cope emotionally with life on the ground, the role will find Portman grappling with the Stepford-esque mundane perfection of everyday life once she's back on Earth.
The developing drama, Pale Blue Dot, appears to be putting an outer space spin on post-traumatic stress disorder, this time as experienced by a female astronaut, rather than armed service personnel. What do you think of Natalie Portman replacing Reese Witherspoon in the role?
For Portman, who is coming off recent film efforts such as the Oscar-nominated 2016 Jackie Kennedy biopic, Jackie, 2016 fantasy film, Planetarium and 2017 musically-inclined romance drama, Song To Song, Pale Blue Dot could see her channeling a similar descent into madness akin to her performance in 2010's Black Swan.
- Russian man smashes into store with tank, steals wine
- Iraqi Forces Capture ISIS Leader Who Executed Homosexuals
- Revenue Approximations Analysis: NVIDIA Corporation (NVDA), Sprint Corporation (S)
- Grandparents who claimed pot was meant for Christmas gifts arrested again
- United Kingdom government calls on tech giants to do more to fight extremism
- Stock Focus: Nippon Express (NPEXY) Lower -54.32% Over the Last Month
- Passenger films Disney monorail running with door open
- Analysts See $0.60 EPS for Fidelity National Financial, Inc. (FNF)
- LG has made a 65-inch rollable OLED display
- East Hampshire MP Damian Hinds becomes Education Secretary