Mirotić is now averaging 17.4 points, 7.0 rebounds and 1.5 assists in under 26 minutes this season, and he's shooting 48.6 percent from the field, 46.5 percent from beyond the arc, and 75 percent from the free-throw line.
Stein adds that it "looks increasingly likely" that Mirotic will be dealt before the February 8 trade deadline.
Despite the team's recent surge up the standings, Nikola Mirotić still wants the Chicago Bulls to ship him elsewhere once he becomes trade-eligible on January 15, and he may have already singled out a potential landing spot.
New York Times NBA reporter Marc Stein reported on Tuesday that the Pistons and Jazz are expressing interest in Mirotic. He is playing on a one-year contract for $12.5 million.
K.C. Johnson of the Chicago Tribune added that the Portland Trail Blazers could "join mix" in regards to Mirotic and that the Bulls are seeking a first-round pick for the veteran. Mirotic is now on a one-year, $12.5 million deal that has a club option worth $12.5 million for the 2018-19 season.
Pistons coach/president Stan Van Gundy didn't comment on that trade rumor specifically, but acknowledged the Pistons are looking at some options because of the injuries to Reggie Jackson and Jon Leuer.
So, in order to get a nice deal out of some players that may actually be helpful to some contending teams heading towards the postseason, we're going to let you know about 5 deals that tanking teams should just go ahead and do already before it's too late. The No.7 overall pick in the 2017 NBA Draft is averaging 14.9 points and 7.6 rebounds per game in his first season. The Pistons have been undersized and had to use Anthony Tolliver, at 6-foot-8, as a power forward and backup center, at times.
The emergence of rookie Lauri Markkanen makes a Mirotic trade even more likely. "When you're down a starting point guard, there's not a lot of people shopping their starting point guard to you".
- Hirvonen happy with the opening stages of the 2018 Dakar Rally
- How will Congress fund health insurance for children — The CHIP showdown
- BBC iPlayer enjoys record week as viewers switch off traditional TV
- Governor Cuomo delivers his vision for the Empire State in 2018
- Iran holds out hope for survivors on burning oil tanker
- Penn State RB Saquon Barkley to be represented by Roc Nation
- 5 officers killed in Kenya Al-Shabaab attack
- HTC 10 now gets Android Oreo update
- What Tommy Wiseau Wanted to Say Before James Franco Stopped Him
- What's Real Worth Of Medtronic plc (MDT), Kinder Morgan, Inc. (KMI)