Tyson has purchased 40 acres of land in California City, a town with a population of just 15,000 people southwest of Death Valley.
Tyson will use about 20 acres to give other professional growers a chance to cultivate new strands and technology to advance research on the medical benefits of marijuana.
The passage of Proposition 64 in November 2016 legalized the sale and cultivation of recreational marijuana for adults in California, but it has numerous restrictions, Deadline.com noted. Tyson was pictured at the plot alongside the city's mayor Jennifer Wood as well as his business partners Robert Hickman and Jay Strommen.
The Tyson ranch will not only provide a ideal field for growing tonnes and tonnes of weed but will also be used as the place for studies related to marijuana and its plethora of benefits, especially the clinical ones. The company that will operate the ranch, Tyson Holistic, mostly employs veterans, since they believe "taking care of men and women who have served in the armed forces is a top priority".
In addition to the above, the resort will feature high-end camping and cabin facilities, an amphitheater, hydro-feed plant and an edible factory.
The farm will not only produce super dank weed, giving space to master growers to do their thing, but there will also be a Tyson Cultivation School to pass knowledge on to farmers, as well as Tyson Holistic, which will help provide treatment to USA military veterans suffering from psychological ailments.
For years Tyson has been on record as a pro-marijuana advocate.
Tyson has never been heavily associated with cannabis up until now, although, in a 2010 AP interview, he noted that that one of his biggest regrets was not taking the opportunity to smoke weed with Tupac.
He tested positive for marijuana following a 2000 win over Andrew Golota, a decision that was later changed to "no contest".
Mike Tyson at one point during the height of his boxing career was worth upwards of $300 million until he declared bankruptcy in 2003. He also said he used marijuana when he was sentenced for cocaine possession in 2007.
- What's Real Worth Of Medtronic plc (MDT), Kinder Morgan, Inc. (KMI)
- Alabama turns to freshman QB Tagovailoa in championship game
- Mobile adds 5 mln customers in 2017, DT to buy more shares
- Discovery Communications Breaks Above 200-Day Moving Average - Bullish for DISCA
- BBC iPlayer enjoys record week as viewers switch off traditional TV
- Woman accused of $300K in damage to attorney's home appears in court
- Higher speed passenger train service begins in South Florida
- Frozen vs. fresh embryos for IVF? Study finds little impact on fertility
- 5 officers killed in Kenya Al-Shabaab attack
- Silicon Valley Season 5 Trailer Is Here, Along With Release Date