Stock markets opened at fresh levels on Friday as optimism prevailed ahead of the announcement of the quarterly earnings of IT major Infosys.
The barometer 30-scrip Sensitive Index (Sensex) of the BSE recovered nearly 250 points from its day's low at 34,342.16 points to close the day's trade at a new high of 34,592.39 points - up 88.90 points or 0.26 per cent - from its previous session's close.
The broader Nifty, after scaling an all-time high (intra-day) of 10,690.40 points, finished at 10,681.25, up 30.05 points, or 0.28%. On the other hand, realty index fell 1.46 per cent, FMCG 0.52 per cent, power 0.47 per cent and healthcare 0.34 per cent.
At 3:30 pm: The Indian equity indices gained lost ground after falling following the Supreme Court judges press conference.
As per provisional data, domestic institutional investors had bought shares worth Rs 770.02 crore, while FIIs sold equities to the tune of Rs 623.63 crore yesterday.
Meanwhile, IT stocks slipped, with the NSE IT index down for the first time in seven sessions. China reported trade data for December with exports moving up 10.9 per cent and imports rising 4.5 per cent.
It broke its previous closing high of 34,443.19 hit on January 9.
Please enter your email.
- BlackRock assets climb above $6tn on record inflows
- Capital Advisors INC Upped Position in Microsoft Corp (MSFT) by $12.12 Million
- Deepika Padukone Finally Reveals Her Plans For Marriage!
- Grace and Chase set South African Open pace
- US Trade Rep Blasts Canada WTO Complaint About US Duties
- I was nervous, says du Plessis
- Cardinal Health Inc (CAH) Plans $0.46 Quarterly Dividend
- Analyst Research and Ratings: LCI Industries (LCII), Genesee & Wyoming Inc. (GWR)
- Bank of America Initiates Coverage on Plains All American Pipeline (PAA)
- Crescent Point Energy (CPG) PT Raised to C$13.00 at Barclays