Marcus Lattimore is returning to the SC football program.
Five years after Marcus Lattimore's football career ended prematurely following a second catastrophic knee injury during his junior season, the South Carolina Gamecocks' running back is returning to the program as a coach on Will Muschamp's staff. An official announcement is expected Friday. "I'm just really excited about this new endeavor of being director of player development for the football team at the University of SC".
The role seems perfectly suited for Lattimore, who is known as a man of his faith and stresses the importance of having high character.
In November 2016, Lattimore was named as the head football coach at Heathwood Hall Episcopal School in Columbia, S.C. It's important that such camps aren't geared toward funneling players to specific schools, because prospects should be able to get coaching and make their own calls.
Lattimore informed his team of the decision Thursday.
According to Lou Bezjak of The State, Lattimore will be the director of player development on Will Muschamp's staff.
But Lattimore told the WACH TV station that he can still have the foundation but can't be present at any of the camps. "I've worked some things out with compliance and the NCAA and we've got things ironed out".
Lattimore was another one of former 49ers General Manager Trent Baalke's failed reclamation projects.
He finished his injury-shortened career with 2,677 rushing yards in just 29 games. A gruesome injury cut his collegiate and National Football League career short, but at one point was one of the best collegiate running backs in the country.
Lattimore did not play a down in the National Football League despite being selected in the fourth round of the 2013 draft by the San Francisco 49ers.
- Hospital patients need blood. Where are the donors?
- Barcelona snap up Colombian defender Yerry Mina from Palmeiras for £10.5m
- Disney announces new Star Wars: Rivals action shooter for Android and iOS
- Institutional Holdings and Trade Data for Duke Realty Corporation (DRE)
- Acuity Brands (AYI) Misses on Q1 Earnings and Revenues
- EPS Forecast Revision Scan: Portland General Electric Company (POR)
- Garry Ringrose is a serious doubt for the Six Nations
- What Do Analysts Say About Endo International plc (ENDP)
- Again, Pinnick Charges Home-Eagles On CHAN 2018
- Ronaldo de Lima: Neymar to PSG, a step back