It is too common a sight to see diversion on Indian roads or traffic on the streets of India because an animal is standing right in the middle of the road, but this time around in two separate incidents in the country two flights had to be diverted because of a cow and a tractor, which were spotted near the airport runway.
In another incident, two flights landing at Ahmedabad airport had to be diverted after a cow was spotted at the airport. The bovine moved slowly past the security at a cargo gate at the airport in India's state of Gujarat to ramble near the runway, sparking a rodeo chase with guards.
It was a "freak incident" that took place at 3:00 am when a gate was opened for two vehicles and the cow followed them, he said, adding the CISF personnel manning the gate should have been more vigilant.
It took about one-and-a-half hours to get the cow out. The arrival of five-odd flights and a few departures were also affected.
"Our first concern was safety, and everything is safe at the airport". "The chairman has asked the airport director to ascertain the possibility of negligence".
REUTERS Manvendra Singh GohilIndia's Gay Prince Throws Open His Palace for LGBT Outcasts
An inquiry has been ordered into the incident, according to airport director Manoj Gangal.
"Directives have been given to take stringent steps to avoid any such occurrences in future", said an AAI statement.
Between January and October 2017, 976 wildlife strikes were reported at all Indian airports, The Indian Express reported on January 1.
There were 81 instances of animals straying into the paths of planes a year ago.
This is unedited, unformatted feed from the Press Trust of India wire.
- Pawan Kalyan fans go insane as his film 'Agnyaathavaasi' releases
- This Is How Angry A Future Subaru WRX STI Might Look
- NYC scuttles incentives for Aetna move to Manhattan
- Diet Coke unveils new look, 4 new flavors
- Next enjoys sales rise over Christmas
- LG Brings Google Assistant To ThinQ Smart TVs
- United Continental (NYSE:UAL) Raised to "Buy" at Standpoint Research
- Sheriff Says Colorado Shooting Was An 'Ambush-Type' Attack On Officers
- Mike Wells Purchases 10 Shares of Prudential plc (PRU) Stock
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) - Do the Stock Experienced Heavy Trading?