The identity of the victor or winners was not immediately released.
The lucky ticket was bought in Florida, according to the Multi-State Lottery association. Prizes must be claimed and winning tickets validated before winners can be identified.
The initial jackpot was estimated at $570 million, but the actual jackpot at the time of the drawing was the lesser amount, $559.7 million, New Hampshire Lottery Spokeswoman Maura McCann said Sunday.
The winning numbers drawn were 12, 29, 30, 33, 61 and Powerball 26.
As of mid-afternoon Sunday, the victor had not yet come forward.
"When the jackpots reach these levels, everyone starts to daydream about what they would do if they won", Gordon Medenica, Mega Millions lead director, said in a statement.
The jackpot had been climbing since the last victor in mid-October. The identity of that victor also had not yet been revealed. "Do you mean $40 million wouldn't change your life?!'" Ms. Hargrove replied with a laugh, referring to the starting jackpot for both Powerball and Mega Millions.
The winning numbers were 28, 30, 39, 59, 70, with the Mega Ball, 10.
That would be the fifth-largest jackpot in that game's history. No one won the Powerball jackpot that night and it continued to climb until Saturday when it was won on a single ticket purchased in New Hampshire. Powerball odds are one in 292.2 million.
Saturday's winning Powerball ticket is the second large lottery grand prize drawn in as many days.
- US Auto Sales Decline, Ending Record Streak
- Trump refers to 'sh-thole' countries during immigration meeting
- One constant in shifting GOP: Trump keeps being Trump
- Stock Hold Signal: Tenet Healthcare Corp. (THC)
- Livermore escapes FA sanction after fan bust-up
- Pound gains ground as United Kingdom productivity rises to a six-year high
- Christian Bale was nearly in 'Solo
- How Many The Navigators Group, Inc. (NASDAQ:NAVG)'s Analysts Are Bullish?
- Corey Feldman 'Under Investigation For Sexual Battery'
- NAACP calls for anti-Trump protest at College Football Championship