As the protests spread through different states, the release date of the film was postponed.The modification includes changing the disclaimer that the movie does not claim historical accuracy and added that the movie does not subscribe to the Sati system practice.
The controversy around the film Padmavat doesn't seem to be ending despite the Censor Board clearance to the film.
Here are the 5 changes suggested by CBFC. Soon, Himachal Pradesh also followed suit prompting Karni Sena to take their protests to pan-India.
Correction in reference to historical places.
Apart from this, changes have been ordered in the song "Ghoomar" to make the depiction "befitting" the character being portrayed.
In the case of Udta Punjab, producers Ekta Kapoor and Anurag Kashyap went to the Bombay High Court to get their film cleared (only a few minor cuts were imposed), but that's not the case with Padmavat, whose delay has already cost a significant amount to producers Viacom Motion Pictures.
A Karni Sena member also met up Chief Minister Trivendra Singh Rawat in Dehradun, and asked him not to screen the film in the state. However, a fringe group called Rajput Karni Sena protested against the alleged distortion of history in the film and threatened to not allow the movie to release.
Bhansali, who appeared before a parliamentary panel, had said his lavishly mounted Rs 150-crore period drama is based on the 16th century epic poem "Padmavat" by Malik Muhammad Jayasi.
Earlier the makers of the film had said that there are no 300 cuts in Padmaavat.
Protestor outside the CBFC office said, " We don't trust anyone before we have seen the film ourselves.
Historians are divided on whether Padmini actually existed.
- Floyd Mayweather Has No Idea What the #MeToo Movement Is
- Active Volume Stock: Starbucks Corporation (NASDAQ:SBUX)
- Yemen's Houthis threaten to block Red Sea shipping lane
- Central Okanagan sees big property value increase in 2018 BC Assessment
- FDA approves expanded use of AstraZeneca cancer drug
- Oil tanker still ablaze, search for missing crew continues
- Helios and Matheson Analytics (HMNY) Getting Somewhat Positive News Coverage, Analysis Finds
- Teen Titans Go! to the Movies teaser trailer revealed
- Stocks grabbing Attention: General Electric Company (GE), Signet Jewelers Limited (SIG)
- Chandigarh stalking case: BJP leader's son Vikas Barala granted bail