Jordan Mechner, who developed the original Prince of Persia and worked on later iterations, revealed an interesting tidbit on Twitter today.
In the early 2000s, the Prince of Persia franchise was perhaps one of the most successful gaming franchises around, producing multiple games that were usually all received well by the fans and critics alike. Mechner saw the tweet and responded himself, saying that other fans have asked similar questions and that he's trying his best to make it happen. "We're doing our best to make it happen!" Since then, Mechner has had his hands in several other Prince of Persia games, including the initial reboot that occurred in 2001 when the video game company Ubisoft took over the series' publishing rights.
However, Ubisoft doesn't seem to be interested in bringing back the franchise for obvious reasons but, we really hope that Mechner is successful in reviving the franchise.
The Prince of Persia franchise was replaced by Assassins Creed years ago.
A new Prince of Persia has yet to be confirmed. He was also very much involved in the Sands of Time trilogy of games and is obviously still attached to the series. Whether that is a deliberate carrot to gain headlines and gauge reaction, we don't know - but if they are looking for a reaction. they've got our vote for a revival!
- Eminem, The Killers, Muse lead lineup for Bonnaroo Festival
- Modest Leganes face Real Madrid in Copa del Rey
- Bill Belichick: I don't know if Malcolm Mitchell returns this year
- Wenger on Chelsea penalty decision: 'It's not serious'
- Celebrities Spoke up after Ivanka Trump Supported Time's Up
- Earnings Yield in Focus For Boston Scientific Corporation (NYSE:BSX)
- Near term Outlook For DENTSPLY International Inc. (NASDAQ:XRAY)
- Russian man smashes into store with tank, steals wine
- O'Neill and Keane in line to make Stoke move
- Vanguard CDN Short Term Corp Bd ETF (VSC.TO): Technicals in Focus