She joined the "Today Show" in 2008 as a co-host alongside Kathy Lee Gifford for its fourth hour. Paying the only woman of color on the show, who also happens to have seniority, less than the new blonde chick is even less so.
Few TV anchors start off making massive salaries, and there's been a growing consensus in the industry in recent weeks that fewer are going to snare those figures in the future. Guthrie and Kotb will co-anchor the 7-9 a.m. hours of the show, along with weather anchor Al Roker and Orange Room host Carson Daly.
Kotb was born in Norman, Oklahoma, and grew up in Morgantown, West Virginia, and as well as suburban Washington (Alexandria, Virginia) She lived in New Orleans throughout the 1990s. Too bad she got the short end of the stick when it comes to her new salary as co-anchor at "Today". Kotb will earn $7 million a year for her work and this is the same salary that Guthrie is also receiving.
Kotb had filled in for Matt Lauer after he was sacked over a wave of allegations of sexual misconduct. Apparently, the latter was hailed by numerous media outlets as "NBC's 25 Million Dollar Man". The double job might be the reason Kotb received a promotion from the network. If things go well, Hoda could ask for more next time if she re-ups her contract.
NBC and a representative for Kotb did not return HuffPost's requests for comment. Diane Sawyer and Robin Roberts co-hosted "Good Morning America" from 2006-2009. "Our new anchor team will officially make their on-air debut this morning".
Along with her new position, Hoda will continue to also join Kathy Lee on their show, "Kathy Lee and Hoda".
"I know it sounds insane, but it just feels like we will sit together out there and then go home to our kids", Kotb said.
- 'Barely Made It Out' Says Couple Who Raced Car Out Of Mudslide
- TY Hilton named to fourth straight Pro Bowl
- New pass mark criteria for ICSE, ISC, check here
- Liam Neeson Adds Waze Voice Navigation to Very Particular Set of Skills
- French league suspends goalline technology after two cock-ups in cup
- Independent Advisor Alliance Has $2.11 Million Position in Merck & Co., Inc. (MRK)
- Nomura Reiterates $190.00 Price Target for McDonald's (MCD)
- Investor Interest Amplifies Stock EV For Enbridge Energy Management, LLC (NYSE:EEQ)
- Bitcoin Gains on Report Peter Thiel Makes Bet on Cryptocurrency
- Battlestar Galactica Actor Donnelly Rhodes Dies at 80