Sopoaga finished 2017 as the second ranked playmaker in New Zealand.
He used his Instagram page to say it was "one of the hardest decisions he has ever had to make".
Sopoaga's arrival is a strong sign that Wasps are happy to let Danny Cipriani leave when his contract expires at the end of the season.
The Wellington-born pivot has had to bide his time behind Dan Carter, Beauden Barrett, Aaron Cruden and Colin Slade the past three years with the All Blacks. Last but not least to my family & friends you know who you are the ones who have stood by me through the lowest of lows and the highest of highs you have seen both the valleys and the peaks, THANK YOU will never be enough!
Dai Young's side has undoubtedly got a seriously talented player on their hands with the 26-year-old looking perfectly comfortable in an All Blacks jersey since he made his debut against South Africa in the Rugby Championship 2015.
According to the Stuff website, Sopoaga's move is a significant blow to All Blacks coach Steve Hansen's World Cup plans.
Lima Sopoaga has confirmed that he will be leaving New Zealand at the end of the 2018 season.
"Our job now will be to develop the next player to take his place", Hansen added.
- Rockets defeat Magic in absence of Harden
- Williams Companies (WMB) Now Covered by Bank of America
- Kratos Defense & Security Solutions (NASDAQ:KTOS) Earns News Sentiment Rating of 0.16
- Fusion GPS founders say they were 'shocked' by contents of 'Steele dossier'
- Comcast Corporation (CMCSA) Stake Decreased by Gluskin Sheff & Assoc Inc
- Sen. Feinstein Releases Text of Interview With Fusion GPS Official
- DST Systems Holding On To Strong Gain In Afternoon Trading
- Royals offer Hosmer $147M deal
- Embiid continues to show 76ers are different team with center in lineup
- Jon Gruden Net Worth 2018: How Much Is Raiders HC Worth Now?