Over in Italy, however, carbs are more in Vogue than ever, because Gucci's just opened a restaurant in Florence.
Gucci isn't the first fashion brand to court the food world by a long shot.
Michele tapped none other than Massimo Bottura of the famous Osteria Francescana, based in Modena and featured in Aziz Ansari's Master of None, to helm the 50-seat restaurant, the Gucci Osteria, according to a press release from the company.
The restaurant sits in the Gucci Museo, located at the Palazzo della Mercanzia between the Piazza della Signoria and the Piazza di San Firenze. The menu is influenced by both Italian cuisine and Bottura's travels around the world, adding that visitors will find traditional Italian dishes with a few twists.
The rooms were created by renowned critic and curator Maria Luisa Frisa of Venice's Iuav University and acclaimed chef Massimo Bottura, while every single one of Gucci's designers were given representation throughout.
Take a tour of the luxurious restaurant of Gucci.
However, it is specified that the menu includes two "iconic" Italian dishes of tortellini and pork belly buns. The Galleria is organized by theme rather than chronologically so vintage pieces are positioned alongside newly-designed ones.
Gucci Garden will also feature an exhibit area which houses a bazaar style boutique and cinema room. "The past is very much part of the present at Gucci, which is perfectly in keeping with Alessandro's idea of the brand, and indeed his attitude to Florence, Gucci's home, which he sees as a city where history is still vibrantly alive". Bottura said he believes he and Gucci "have a lot in common" and said he made a decision to collaborate with the brand "also thanks to my friendship with CEO Marco Bizzarri, who was a high school friend of mine".
- New York Knicks vs. Chicago Bulls - 1/10/18 NBA Pick, Odds, and Prediction
- Hyundai's new hydrogen-powered auto will be called the Nexo
- Armed men reach 'Race 3' sets after Salman received Death threats!
- Dancing on Ice: Candice Brown hits back at 'snog' accusations
- US spy satellite aboard SpaceX rocket destroyed after failing to reach orbit
- Hirvonen happy with the opening stages of the 2018 Dakar Rally
- Mercedes-Benz GLS Class Not Holding Anything Back From Detroit
- WWE Royal Rumble 2018 Spoiler: Two Former Women's Champions Returning?
- What's Real Worth Of Medtronic plc (MDT), Kinder Morgan, Inc. (KMI)
- Texans to hire Bills exec Brian Gaine as GM