That tied her for seventh on the all-time women's list with Katja Seizinger of Germany (1989-98) and put her one behind her childhood idol, Marlies Schild of Austria (2001-14).
She still leads the current world cup standings overall, in downhill, slalom and giant slalom. "But I felt really comfortable", Shiffrin said. It's always cool to know, but those kinds of things make me more nervous.
"I'm feeling better and better with my slalom now".
And she dominated from the off in Austria, finishing her first run 1.14 seconds clear of the field. She faced a tougher challenge in the second run, racing on a course that had been beaten up by 29 racers before her.
Backed by a huge 1.14-second lead from the opening leg, the defending overall World Cup champion avoided risks and posted only the 11th-fastest time in the final run but still comfortably beat second-place Wendy Holdener of Switzerland by 0.89 seconds. Frida Hansdotter of Sweden was third, 1.22 seconds behind. The Swiss skier has 12 podium finishes in slalom but is still awaiting her first win.
"When my coaches set a course, I say, "Don't tell me, I don't want to know your set, I don't want to know what you are doing", Shiffrin said.
"We've been trying a couple of years now to stop her, but she's skiing fantastic", Hansdotter said.
Shiffrin is well on course to retain the overall World Cup title she won for the first time a year ago, as she leads the standings on 821 points with Germany's Viktoria Regensburg a distant second on 430.
With her victory, Shiffrin extended her overall World Cup lead to nearly 400 points over Germany's Viktoria Rebensburg.
Shiffrin, who already qualified for a spot in giant slalom for the Olympic Winter Games PyeongChang 2018, finished third in Lienz world cup event for the 53rd podium of her career. The German skier does not compete in slaloms but will start in Friday's GS on the same hill.
- Diego Costa returns to Atletico bearing high expectations
- Seatown Holdings Pte. Ltd. Cuts Holdings in Amazon.com, Inc
- Stock Hold Signal: Tenet Healthcare Corp. (THC)
- This Is How Angry A Future Subaru WRX STI Might Look
- Mini Reveals Updated 2019 Hardtop And Convertible Ahead Of Detroit
- 'Mad' Cow on runway causes havoc at Indian airport
- One constant in shifting GOP: Trump keeps being Trump
- NAACP calls for anti-Trump protest at College Football Championship
- United Continental (NYSE:UAL) Raised to "Buy" at Standpoint Research
- Rep. Steve King attends Oval Office signing of bill targeting opioid trafficking