The German has not signed a contract extension and is free this month to talk to other clubs about arranging a free transfer for the summer.
Alternatively. the Liverpool FC boss could be tempted to sell Can in a cut-price deal to ensure the Merseyside outfit secure some sort of return for the versatile midfielder.
The Germany worldwide continues to be heavily linked with a switch to reigning Serie A champions Juventus at some stage, with his contract at Anfield running down.
"At the top of Serie A there are a lot of strong teams and all at the same level", the 30-year-old former Real Madrid player told Sky Sport Italia. Not too many people play that many games for a club like Liverpool by the age of 23 and you can't do that if you are not a good player. He is a young player, he can improve of course, he is powerful and is talented but of course he has to learn.
With Can yet to agree fresh terms at Anfield and able to leave on a free transfer this summer, Khedira has urged his club to do whatever they can to sign the player to further strengthen a Juventus side that now sit second in the Italian Serie A league table behind Napoli.
"I'm very thankful to all the trainers, the manager and all the staff here for the part they have played in helping me to achieve that because without them it wouldn't have been possible".
Can has scored two goals and has made three assists in 24 appearances in all competitions for Liverpool FC in the current campaign.
- (COST) Shares Sold by Ashfield Capital Partners LLC
- Analysts See $0.60 EPS for Fidelity National Financial, Inc. (FNF)
- United Kingdom government calls on tech giants to do more to fight extremism
- Stock Focus: Nippon Express (NPEXY) Lower -54.32% Over the Last Month
- 'Scandal' and 'How to Get Away With Murder' Are Crossing Over
- Ancient "ocean world" may have seeded meteorites with life's ingredients
- Wenger on Chelsea penalty decision: 'It's not serious'
- 'Black Widow' standalone movie finds writer in Jac Schaeffer
- BSP MLA Mukhtar Ansari, wife suffers heart attack in UP jail, hospitalised
- Is The Prince Of Persia Franchise Ready For Ressurection?