For all his struggles in two seasons as the Bears' offensive coordinator - some not of his own making - it didn't take Dowell Loggains long to find his next job. It marks a Bears reunion - Gase ran the Bears' offense in 2015, with Loggains as the quarterbacks coach.
Loggains' NFL experience includes stints as quarterbacks coach in 2014 for the Cleveland Browns, offensive coordinator for the Tennessee Titans in 2012-13, quarterbacks coach for the Titans from 2010 to 2012 and quality control coach for Tennessee in 2008-09.
On Wednesday, Dolphins coach Adam Gase criticized the wide receiver for his part in the incident during a press conference. Will Loggains be the new Offensive coordinator?
Christensen was a longtime Indianapolis Colts assistant before coming to Miami in 2016.
Coach Adam Gase will continue to call plays.
Chicago, under Loggains, was 29th in scoring at 16.5 points per game this season, 30th in total offense (287.4 yards per game), 16th in rushing (111.8 yards per game), last in passing (175.7 yards per game) and 26th in third-down conversions (34.6 percent).
"We're going through that process right now", he said.
General Manager Chris Grier said the team won't pass on taking a quarterback in the first round if a quarterback is the top player on their board.
"I know this, we're in no rush". Gase added that he thinks Tannehill "will be stronger than he's ever been" upon his return to the team.
Get daily prep sports headlines from the Gwinnett Daily Post staff delivered to your email.
- Auburn center Austin Wiley ineligible until 2018-19 season
- Amazon Will Buy Target in 2018: Gene Munster
- European Union urge Kenya to undertake electoral reforms and ease tensions
- The Black Eyed Peas Return With A Strong Message On "Street Livin'"
- Meryl Streep, Tom Hanks discuss #MeToo, fake news, Trump and more
- CSX) — CSX Corporation (NASDAQ
- Hogan Announces State Lawmaker Term Limit Bill
- OnePlus 5T Sandstone White all sold out in under two hours
- Stocks under Analysts Consideration: HCA Holdings, Inc. (HCA), Exxon Mobil Corporation (XOM)
- Iowa's Gustafson named to Wooden Award Top 25