Star Wars: Rivals is now up for pre-registration on Google Play (Android) and has been soft-launched in the Philippines App Store (iOS). These include Bespin, Scarif, Jakku, and Death Star. Will Star Wars: Rivals become a successful mobile game for Disney/Lucasfilms? I've never been a huge mobile gamer, but the recent Star Wars mobile games have looked somewhat interesting, and now there's a new one.
Star Wars: Rivals is being marketed as "the first real-time Star Wars competitive action shooter for mobile devices", and as someone that hasn't been all that interested in previous Star Wars mobile games, this might be the first to get my attention.
Several real-time combat arenas are available to play in Star Wars: Rivals, the companies say, and characters (called Heroes) can be swapped in and out during the battle.
Lucasfilm also applied for a trademark on Star Wars: Rivals on February 23, 2017. The game features a ton of well-known characters from the franchise's past movies. The game features iconic characters like Luke Skywalker, Darth Vader, Jyn Erso, Captain Phasma among others. Sadly no Jar Jar yet. Additionally, players can enhance special skills like Darth Vader's Choke and Admiral Ackbar's Orbital Strike. You'll also form factions like the Rebellion, Empire, First Order, or Underworld to gain bonuses like increase damage or faster health regeneration.
As soon as this game officially launches, we'll let you know.
As the name of the game suggests, having rivals fight will earn players extra battle points. Early registration gets Android users access to Death Troopers, the elite fighters in black armor from Rogue One. For players on iOS, they will get exclusive access to Rebel Special Forces support units when the game launches.
- Nintendo's Switch becomes the fastest-selling system ever in the US
- Garry Ringrose is a serious doubt for the Six Nations
- EPS Forecast Revision Scan: Portland General Electric Company (POR)
- Institutional Holdings and Trade Data for Duke Realty Corporation (DRE)
- Three ways Utahns can fight FCC and restore net neutrality
- Suspected terrorist involved in 2000 Red Fort attack held in Delhi
- Trade of the Day: Weight Watchers International, Inc. (WTW)
- IV bag shortage deepens, local hospital supplies stretched thinner
- Local hospitals feel impact of IV bag shortage
- What Do Analysts Say About Endo International plc (ENDP)