Waiters, who hasn't played since December 22, said last month he was aiming to delay surgery until the offseason after forgoing the option to have a procedure over the summer.
"Heat guard Dion Waiters has been giving serious consideration to undergoing ankle surgery, a procedure which would end his season, according to an associate", Jackson reported. Per Charania, he received multiple opinions on the ankle by doctors in Los Angeles before making the decision for surgery. He hasn't played since and has missed eight consecutive games.
Waiters' year ends with 14.3 points, 2.6 rebounds, 3.8 assists, and 23.7 FanDuel points per game. We should have a rough timetable for Waiters' recovery soon after the surgery is performed. Waiters is due to receive a $1.1 million bonus if he plays at least 70 games this season.
The Heat are now on a six-game winning streak and are in fourth place in the Eastern Conference playoff race. Head coach Erik Spoelstra will likely continue to rely on Tyler Johnson, Wayne Ellington and others to fill in for Waiters.
- Giants have discussed Andrew McCutchen with Pirates
- State Schools Chief Lauds Governor's Proposed Budget
- Trump calls Haiti and African nations "shithole countries"
- Florida Panthers Win Streak Snapped in Loss to Minnesota Wild
- California Legalizes Sales Of Marijuana, Hundreds Queue Up To Buy
- Ohio Republicans Floating Jim Tressel for Senate
- Rio Tinto plc (RIO) PT Raised to GBX 3800
- Ford Enters Performance SUV Segment With 355-Horsepower 2019 Edge ST
- Weather warning details heavy snow and ice threat
- Powerless Blackhawks drop Central Division showdown with Wild