While most of us can't relate to competing in a nine-figure grossing boxing match against Floyd Mayweather, the trials and tribulations of the Notorious one in the past year have been laid bare given his status as a superstar.
"I know deep down he would do that fight again", White said about McGregor vs. Mayweather 2. However, not long after that, Floyd Mayweather has created a live video on Periscope and shared his thoughts there.
As quoted by the Mirror, Dana White explained that regardless of McGregor's presence, the company will continue to find new talent. At all. He's a remarkable guy, a very, very smart guy.
"I don't need to fight again". Obviously, this is not a done deal, but there is a real chance that UFC will get another extraordinary fighter. I'm not calling no names out in the sport of box. I'm not hurting for money. "That's the problem with motherfuckers nowadays, we're too anxious about what someone else is doing with their money".
Even White was impressed by McGregor's performance that night, especially after so many boxing experts told him that the UFC lightweight champion would be lucky to land a clean punch much less actually win a round against arguably one of the greatest boxers of all time. Floyd's gonna come back and he's gonna fight McGregor in the Octagon.' So they can leverage and get another big deal. The last time we heard from one Floyd Mayweather Jr., he was saying that he could fight in UFC if he really wanted to.
But Mayweather says White is purely making those claims to boost his hand in television negotiations and he will not be venturing into MMA. If Mayweather ever did join the UFC, it's hard to imagine him fighting on anything but a pay-per-view given his prominence. As a result of this success, the president of UFC Dana White is thinking about throwing another fight between these two fighters, but in a different way.
To watch the clip containing some of the biggest fights we've shown you, just hit play at the top of the article.
- Next enjoys sales rise over Christmas
- United Continental (NYSE:UAL) Raised to "Buy" at Standpoint Research
- This Is How Angry A Future Subaru WRX STI Might Look
- Prime Minister will inaugurate National Youth Festival on 12 January
- La Corea del Nord quasi sicuramente parteciperà alle olimpiadi invernali
- ESPN scores big-time with college football semis
- LG Brings Google Assistant To ThinQ Smart TVs
- Pope Francis encourages mothers to breastfeed during a baptism ceremony Video
- Irish abortion plan 'may be step too far'
- Mini Reveals Updated 2019 Hardtop And Convertible Ahead Of Detroit