Chelsea were in action on Wednesday night when the Blues settled for a goalless stalemate with Arsenal in the first leg of their Carabao Cup semi-final.
The defending Premier League champions played out a frustrated 2-2 draw with Arsenal in the Premier League at the Emirates Stadium last time out.
The England worldwide was forced to miss the Foxes' goalless draw in the FA Cup third-round against his former club Fleetwood Town at Highbury last Saturday because of the problem, but is back for the game at Stamford Bridge. Goals from Alvaro Morata and N'Golo Kante gave Chelsea a 2-0 lead, before Jamie Vardy pulled one back from the penalty spot.
I was going to leave Bristol City out this weekend because they could well be exhausted from their near-heroic exploits at Man City on Tuesday, but they're odds against at home to an inconsistent Norwich side which has tempted me to back them to win or draw. However, such is Manchester City's domination in the Premier League this season, the Blues most likely find themselves looking to strengthen their position in the top three as they look to secure automatic qualification into the Champions League group stages.
Chelsea vs. Leicester City
It'll be something of a makeshift defence for Leicester, who are still without Danny Simpson, skipper Wes Morgan, and former Chelsea centre-back Robert Huth.
Islam Slimani will be hoping to retain his place up front for the Foxes, with Jamie Vardy struggling to overcome a groin injury.
The home side have won eight out of their eleven home games this season, winning their last seven in a row at Stamford Bridge.
The Foxes have conceded 18 goals in only 11 games on the road and have only managed to keep one clean away from the King Power Stadium - the 0-0 draw with Bournemouth back in September.
Leicester have a pretty decent record on their travels this season.
- Christian Bale still hasn't seen Ben Affleck's Batman
- Sluggish growth in BFSI drags TCS profit in third quarter
- US to Withhold All Security Assistance to Pakistan
- Mekong leaders fail to raise environmental concerns at summit in Phnom Penh
- Williams Companies (WMB) Now Covered by Bank of America
- Angelina Jolie Steps out With Injured Daughter Shiloh in New York City
- Embiid continues to show 76ers are different team with center in lineup
- Kratos Defense & Security Solutions (NASDAQ:KTOS) Earns News Sentiment Rating of 0.16
- Fusion GPS founders say they were 'shocked' by contents of 'Steele dossier'
- Manx Telecom PLC 21.6% Potential Upside Indicated by Liberum Capital