Let's all come together, women & men, & say #TIMESUP!
Her tweet drew criticism from users, who accused her of being a part of the problem and keeping quiet about sexual harassment allegations aimed at her father.
The first daughter has yet to respond to the backlash but her dad, Donald Trump, has already responded to calls for 63-year-old Oprah to run for president in 2020, with the president tweeting, "Yeah I'll beat Oprah".
The Golden Globes became a platform for politics this year, with hosts, award-winners and attendees using the red carpet and on-stage air-time to call out the mistreatment of women, following a crushing year of sexual harassment and assault revelations.
"She did not say "Time's Up" when over 20 women came forward with their accusations that her father had sexually harassed or sexually assaulted them", O'Donnell said. The fund is created to help women and men across all work environments fight sexual harassment. For her to issue such a call to action, without following this call herself, was a bit much. "You can make a lofty donation to the Time's Up Legal Defense Fund that is available to support your father's accusers", before sharing a link to the Time's Up website.
Her tweet, which came around the same time a clip of her father struggling to remember the words to the national anthem went viral, did not exactly do the trick.
Young women and girls are the silent victims of gang violence.
The whole world is applauding the rousing speech given by Oprah Winfrey at Monday's Golden Globes. That "perhaps" is extremely skeptical, however, given Ivanka's previous history as an "influential" advisor toward the president's decisions, and would be an extremely weak attempt, at that.
The response to Trump's tweet was immediate and ranged from mockery to disgust.
- Pak-US cooperation imperative for regional peace: Foreign Office
- Investors Purchase High Volume of Symantec Call Options (NASDAQ:SYMC)
- 'Black Widow' standalone movie finds writer in Jac Schaeffer
- What Zuma wants if he is to quit the presidency
- Sushma Swaraj arrives in Thailand
- Near term Outlook For DENTSPLY International Inc. (NASDAQ:XRAY)
- BSP MLA Mukhtar Ansari, wife suffers heart attack in UP jail, hospitalised
- Grandparents who claimed pot was meant for Christmas gifts arrested again
- UK says limit kids to 2 sugary snacks
- Eminem, The Killers, Muse lead lineup for Bonnaroo Festival