However, despite Black Widow's prominence in the MCU and her popularity among fans, Romanoff continued to be relegated to the sidelines with supporting roles.
According to a story published on timesofindia.indiatimes.com, Jac is said to have been roped in by Marvel Studios to write the script for a solo "Black Widow" movie. However, considering the future of the Deadpool franchise among others the concept of R-rated Marvel Cinematic Universe films is not very farfetched.
Johansson has till now appeared as the character in six films, the next one being this summer's "Avengers: Infinity War". All it means is that fans should probably expect to see some other familiar faces from the Marvel mythos, be it the comic books or the MCU proper, should Marvel Studios continue to move forward with the project.
Schaeffer has written the 2014 Blacklist pick "The Shower", a sci-fi action comedy with Anne Hathaway attached to star and produce.
The Captain Marvel movie starring Brie Larson as the titular character is now in development which will be Marvel's first female-led superhero film and hopefully, it'll open the floodgates and show the successful movie studio that there's an appetite for these sorts of comic book movies.
She also wrote "Nasty Women", a remake of "Dirty Rotten Scoundrels", starring set to star Hathaway and Rebel Wilson.
If Black Widow comes to be a reality, it will be Marvels second superhero drama, to be led by a woman.
This is unedited, unformatted feed from the Press Trust of India wire.
- Priyanka Chopra to return with "Quantico" on April 26
- Investors Purchase High Volume of Symantec Call Options (NASDAQ:SYMC)
- Cabot Oil & Gas Corporation (COG)
- 'Scandal' and 'How to Get Away With Murder' Are Crossing Over
- Stock Focus: Nippon Express (NPEXY) Lower -54.32% Over the Last Month
- Kevin Durant second-youngest player to reach 20000-point plateau
- 'Dangerously cold' wind chills threaten millions from Great Lakes to New England
- Bill Belichick: I don't know if Malcolm Mitchell returns this year
- What Zuma wants if he is to quit the presidency
- Near term Outlook For Oasis Petroleum Inc. (NYSE:OAS)