The current plan for Early Access is to only hang around a short while, maybe a couple of months, while the concluding Episode 3, a third Endless Arena, and tweaks based on player feedback all get integrated into the game.
In addition to the worldwide reveal trailer, Bulkhead and Square Enix have also announced that Battalion 1944 is set to land on Early Access on Thursday, February 1.
The launch will be preceded by a short beta for Kickstarter and Humble Bundle backers, running from Friday, January 19th to Sunday, January 21st.
Gamers will get a chance to play the studio's first first-person shooter (for free) before Battalion 1944 hits Steam on February 1. Thank you for helping test our game and preparing it for release to early access where we want to continue our relationship with the community.
If you purchase the Early Access version, you will also get all DLC content for free.
The Early Access release of DUSK includes Episode 1, which has received fan praise and media acclaim for its quick action and unapologetic homages to the mid-nineties FPS genre, and introduces Episode 2 for the first time. The beta will feature two maps and game modes: "domination" mode on the map Manorhouse V1, and "wartide" mode on the map Liberation.
As previously reported, Bulkhead expects Battalion to stay in Early Access for around one year.
Creative producer Howard Philpott added: "Getting to grips with the intense nature of the Second World War is something that's been key to our process. We've looked to bed the play down in maps that are both competitive and authentic, for which our trips to Normandy proved immensely useful". As previously noted, that's actually less than the bottom tier during the game's Kickstarter campaign.
Elsewhere, Square Enix Collective recently joined forces with AMD to support AMD4U, an initiative that provides AMD consumers with a range of games from indie developers.
Anticipate issues and help us fix them.
- Lotteria Italia 2018, i biglietti vincenti estratti il 6 gennaio
- Australian batsman dismssed for obstructing the field in BBL, draws polarised reactions
- DeGeneres 'face-timed' with Oprah in an emotional state
- I-65 south remains closed near Seymour due to fiery crash
- As Microsoft Corp (MSFT) Market Valuation Rose, Aviva Plc Has Upped Holding
- Brokerages Set Cognizant Technology Solutions Corp (CTSH) PT at $61.12
- Rabada has climbed to the summit of the ICC Test bowler rankings
- What Is Cooper Tire & Rubber Company's (NYSE:CTB) Share Price Doing?
- Press focuses on mass burial of victims of killings by herdsmen, others
- Illinois health department website has incorrect Legionnaires' data