Heat skipper Brendon McCullum was angered by the decision, and discussed the incident at length with opposite number George Bailey after the match. Cricket Australia has subsequently defended the decision, while the Queensland Cricket chief executive Max Walters has questioned why the board was so eager to worry about technicalities over the wider appeal of the game.
Short's 68 per cent share of the Hurricanes' 179 for four against Brisbane on Wednesday is the largest in Big Bash history, and the eighth largest in any recorded T20 innings.
But the decision was endorsed by CA after a review on Thursday, with Harris on Friday penalised under the governing body's code of conduct for "public or media comment that is detrimental to the interests of cricket".
Ross was the first player in the seven-season life of the Big Bash to be given out in the peculiar manner as his side chased the Hurricanes' 180 at the Gabba.
"The third umpire concluded that the change of running direction of the batsman, after seeing the direction of the throw, obstructed the wicketkeeper's opportunity to affect the run-out".
Speaking before the tournament, Short, who hit two half-centuries for Hobart in last year's Big Bash, said: "I will go out and have some fun, try and relax while doing it and we should be all right".
Batsmen getting out for obstructing the field is quite a rare occurrence on the cricket pitch. "It's time to move on". "The umpire is always right and we congratulate the Hurricanes on their victory", he said.
"After assessing footage of the incident alongside the Laws, playing conditions, and cues that umpires are provided, CA believe the obstructing the field decision from last night's game is justified".
Commentator and former Test star Gilchrist was convinced that Ross had not looked back at where the throw was coming from, and Waugh said it seemed obvious Ross's motivation was to avoid being hit rather than block the stumps. He was going for the second run but struggled to get back to the crease.
- Hot Stock to Watch: Vipshop Holdings Limited (VIPS)
- Shocking! Indian team not allow to take bath in South Africa
- CLSA Analysts Reduce Earnings Estimates for Philip Morris International Inc (PM)
- Dense fog advisory issued through Thursday morning
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. (WMT) Shares Bought by ProShare Advisors LLC
- DeGeneres 'face-timed' with Oprah in an emotional state
- Trump team plays up coal use during cold snap
- Chinese fans may finally get a chance to play Pokemon Go
- Lotteria Italia 2018, i biglietti vincenti estratti il 6 gennaio
- New center opens for victims of human trafficking