"We will be able to test our readiness for the World Cup when we meet the Three Lions at Wembley".
Meanwhile, England have only ever met Costa Rica once before in the 0-0 bore draw at the last World Cup after the Three Lions had already been eliminated.
Alongside their African and Central American oppositions, England will take on fellow European powerhouse, Belgium while Nigeria, in Group D, will battle Argentina, Croatia and debutant Iceland. Certainly, it is going to be a big match, between two countries of remarkable historical affinity and similarities.
"We want to expose the team to different styles and different experiences".
Akinwunmi added: "We made a decision to be strategic in our choice of opponents for the Super Eagles leading to the World Cup, and in total agreement with the preferences of the Technical Adviser. We played Argentina (in November 2017) without even knowing we were going to be in the same group at the Finals".
This is fantastic news for the people Yorkshire, who will have the chance to see England's national team play on their own doorstep at Leeds United's Elland Road for the first time since 2002.
The FA are yet to confirm the games, and Completesportsnigeria.com has written to the body to seek confirmation of the Super Eagles friendly.
England will face Costa Rica in their final World Cup warm-up game in June, sources have told ESPN FC, after Gareth Southgate handpicked the Central American nation as flawless preparation for the Russian Federation 2018 clash against Panama in Nizhny Novgorod.
England defeated Nigeria 1-0 in a highly entertaining friendly at the old Wembley in 1994 with David Platt scoring the only goal.
- State Department overhauls travel advisory method
- Dolly Parton's Stampede Drops 'Dixie' From Its Name
- Red Cross Experiencing Blood Donation 'Crisis'
- Wages stalling Liverpool striker Sturridge's move to Newcastle
- Barack Obama still has 'dad moves' on David Letterman's Netflix talk show
- Protest/Rally planned for Guelph Tim Hortons
- Murdoch's Fox looking to buy 10 Sinclair TV stations, report says
- Toyota recalls 601000 more United States cars over airbag fault
- UPSC Declares Civil Services Main Exam 2017 Result; Interview In February
- Kansas Gov. Sam Brownback delivers State of the State address