The Wall Street Journal this week reported that senator John Thune, chairman of the Senate Commerce Committee, has asked Apple how it made a decision to throttle iPhone performance, while a French prosecutor has reportedly launched a preliminary investigation over the issue.
After provoking the ire of French authorities over what is considered by the country as "planned obsolescence" by Apple, the Cupertino firm now has to contend with lawmakers at home.
As previously noted, Apple dropped the price for replacement batteries from $79 to $29 throughout 2018. Soon after a class action lawsuit was filed against the company. Bogdanovich said that Apple's slowing down of older iPhone models is not part of an agreement and he believes it is a ploy by Apple to get people to upgrade to new phones. It remains unclear which iPhone model battery exploded or why it exploded. They want both California and nationwide class-action certification, which would encompass everyone in the U.S. with an iPhone model predating the iPhone 8. This is a real auction of unprecedented generosity for all iPhone 6, 6 Plus, 6s, 6s Plus, SE, 7, 7 Plus, 8, 8 and X Plus, as it allows not only to increase the battery life, but also to increase the speed of iOS.
Now, it seems, demand for that has placed serious constraints on battery availability. The handset would unexpectedly shut down to protect itself, which is something 2016 iPhone users may remember as widespread problem.
[Representational Image] Apple Genius suffers burns, as iPhone battery catches fire in Zurich store.
Lawyers contend that Apple's software updates intentionally degraded the performance and utility of iPhone owners' devices. After changing the device's battery, however, these shot up to 2526 and 4456 respectively. "This also means your phone might be very slow for no discernible reason. The difference between 10.2.0 and 10.2.1 is too abrupt to be just a function of battery condition".
- 'Sanctimonious': Oprah is 'part of the problem,' ignored Weinstein misconduct, says Seal
- Sam's Club to close Fern Park store, other locations across country
- Israel searches West Bank after settler killed in drive-by shooting
- Counselor to the president Kellyanne Conway: 'Nobody here talks about Hillary Clinton'
- 130000 displaced from Idlib as Syrian Army attacks last rebel-held enclave
- BJP, RSS people are Hindutva terrorists: Karnataka CM Siddaramaiah
- YouTube Cuts Logan Paul From Preferred Program, Shelves Other Projects
- Nollywood Actress, Funke Akindele, to Star in Hollywood's 'Avengers: Infinity Wars'
- US Issues Highest Level 'Do Not Travel' Warning on Mexican States
- Giant extinct burrowing bat discovered in New Zealand