It was the only basket of the second half for Ellington, who finished with 15 points. From there, though, neither man appeared poised to back down and, after an official review, both players were sent packing in the form of ejection.
The Raptors haven't announced his status for Tuesday's game versus the Miami Heat, but it wouldn't be surprising if he has to miss a few games.
This isn't the first on-court altercation Ibaka has been involved in. Still, it isn't every day that two National Basketball Association veterans legitimately square off and attempt haymakers on the hardwood and, in this case, the punches actually came in the middle of game action.
That dust-up earned him a one-game suspension and he could receive a lengthier punishment on this occasion due to his previous misdemeanors.
Tempers flared between the two teams in a very physical game.
In addition to the Ibaka x Johnson scuffle, things got heated n the final seconds between stars DeMar DeRozan and Goran Dragic, who got into each other's faces.
In Los Angeles, Julius Randle had 22 points and 14 rebounds, and Lonzo Ball added 11 rebounds and 11 assists.
Dragic, however, brushed it off and didn't see it as a problem at all. Just exchanged some words. "No big deal", he said.
With Kyle Lowry already out and games against the Cleveland Cavaliers and Golden State Warriors coming up, Toronto will certainly hope to avoid suspensions to go into those tough encounters shorthanded.
- Pakistani Journalist working for Indian channel escapes abduction bid in Islamabad
- Toyota's bus of the future may deliver your pizza
- Villas-Boas hospitalized after Dakar Rally crash
- OU Gymnast Speaks Out On Sexual Abuse
- South Africa: Zuma Launches State Capture Inquiry
- Shane McMahon - Daniel Bryan Tension Continues
- Liverpool to offer GBP 50 voucher to fans with 'Coutinho 10' shirts
- Aanchal Thakur Becomes First Indian to Win an International Medal in Skiing
- Syria Denounces Israel's Air and Missile Attack, Shot one Jeet
- State Department Approves Possible $133.3 Million Missile Deal With Japan