Another source close to the situation said Mark Davis always has held Gruden in high regard, from the time he coached Oakland from 1998-2001, until long after the time that Davis's father, Al, traded Gruden to Tampa. And the Raiders have made other attempts in other years at bringing back Gruden, who still is beloved in the San Francisco Bay Area. Gruden and Jack Del Rio actually share the same agent - talk about awkward - and there's a good chance Gruden doesn't want to talk about the job unless Del Rio is 100 percent out of the picture.
Pegging landing spots for Gruden from year to year has become a sport within the sport, but many believe it is different this year. Memphis TV station WREG reported Gruden was weighing a Tennessee offer that would give him a piece of the Browns, who are owned by Jimmy Haslam _ brother of Tennessee Gov. Bill Haslam. I cant say I havent taken any phone calls.
ESPN's Adam Schefter and Chris Mortensen are reporting that the Raiders want Gruden to come back so badly that they are willing to offer him part ownership of the franchise.
The Raiders have agreed to leave Oakland and move to Las Vegas as soon as the 2019 season and are scheduled to open a new stadium in Las Vegas in the 2020 season.
Gruden, now an ESPN analyst, was rumored to be near accepting a deal to coach the Buccaneers last week. Yeah, sometimes owners. Guys want to bounce ideas off me. Others predicted Gruden would wind up with the Raiders. "Im here to help people". He was sacked by the Bucs after the 2008 season and has been in the broadcast booth since then.
Oakland hasn't exactly performed up to snuff in 2017, and JDR may have overstayed his welcome. With the Raiders, he will put in place the right defensive staff and get the team playing hard and fast in all three phases.
- Sue Grafton Net Worth 2018: How Much Is Grafton Worth Right Now?
- Slow iPhone: Apple makes discounted battery replacement available immediately
- UK: Fire Destroys More Than 1000 Cars in Liverpool
- Bournemouth hand Allardyce first Everton defeat
- Apple apologized for slowing down iPhones. Here's what to know now
- Bengals keep Ravens out of playoffs
- Myanmar says it will drop charges against journalists
- Assam publishes part draft of NRC with 1.9 crore names
- Donald Trump's idea to beat winter cold: Pour global warming on it
- Obama, Clinton remain "most admired" Americans