"Iranian authorities are blocking access to Telegram for the majority of Iranians after our public refusal to shut down [Sedaie Mardom] and other peacefully protesting channels", he tweeted, referring to one of the channels criticised by Iran.
Two people were killed overnight in western Iran in anti-government protests, Iran's Labor News Agency (ILNA) reported on Sunday.
"I do not know whether yesterday's shooting was done by rally participants or the police and this issue is being investigated", local MP Hedayatollah Khademi said.
On Sunday, Iran's interior minister warned that "violence, fear and terror" will be fought, following the third consecutive night of unrest. He posted: "The people are finally getting wise as to how their money and wealth is being stolen and squandered on terrorism". Looks like they will not take it any longer.
"Rouhani has run an austerity budget since 2013 with the idea that it's a tough but necessary pill to swallow to manage inflation and currency problems and try to improve Iran's attractiveness for investment", said Esfandyar Batmanghelidj, founder of the Europe-Iran Forum.
Thousand still turned out for annual pro-government rallies to defeat the last major protest movement in 2009. "This person who is against the Iranian nation from head to toe has no right to feel sorry for the people of Iran".
Protesters in Tehran and elsewhere have called for the resignation of Khamenei, and witnesses described crowds chanting, "Death to the dictator" and "Clerics should get lost".
"A number of people took to the streets responding to calls from hostile groups", Lorestan province deputy governor Habibollah Khojastehpour told state television.
Videos circulating on social media late Saturday appeared to show fallen protesters in Dorud as gunshots sounded in the background.
President Hassan Rouhani, who came to power in 2013 promising to mend the economy and ease social tensions, has so far not made any statement since the unrest started in second city Mashhad on Thursday.
- 10 people killed amid nationwide protests
- Erica Garner, who became an activist after her father's death, dies
- Season's worst fog at IGI, over 200 flights hit
- Xiaomi Mi A1 Gets Better With Android Oreo
- Assam publishes part draft of NRC with 1.9 crore names
- Apple apologized for slowing down iPhones. Here's what to know now
- UK: Fire Destroys More Than 1000 Cars in Liverpool
- Sue Grafton Net Worth 2018: How Much Is Grafton Worth Right Now?
- Transgender people cleared to join military, for now
- EPS for CSX Corporation (CSX) Expected At $0.56