SC ranks 107th nationally in rushing offense, 80th in passing offense and 63rd in third down conversion rate yet they enter the game believing that they will score 30 or more points against Michigan's defense.
Wolverines are 21-24 overall - 3-2 in Tampa, including 33-28 to SC in 2013 Outback. They elected not to participate in a bowl game following a 6-5 season in 2004, did not receive a bowl bid following a 6-6 campaign in 2007, and did not qualify for a bowl following a 3-9 season in 2015. Michigan turned the ball over 16 times during the regular season, including crippling miscues in three of their four losses against Michigan State, Wisconsin, and Ohio State.
The Gamecocks are bowl-eligible for the 13th time in the last 14 years.
SC won 17-14 in Ann Arbor in 1980 behind Heisman Trophy winning running back George Rogers. That is the only season the Big Ten has gone unbeaten in bowl games when it has played more than one game.
The Wolverines now lead SC 9-3 at halftime. The Gamecocks finished second in the SEC East standings.
INJURY REPORT: Rico Dowdle is doubtful for SC due to a leg injury and offensive lineman Zack Bailey (undisclosed) is questionable.
When you have personally scored nine of the 12 points for the entire game, you deserve to whoop it up a little bit, I think. All of that will of course be in support of Chad Tough, but regardless of hair color it's going to be a long miserable day for the SC offense. Here's a look at how the Big Ten got to this point.
The Gamecocks are allowing just 20.8 points per game this season, 26th in the country.
SC is coming off a 34-10 loss to #1 Clemson. However, they're not the only members of the Wolverines' defense that the Gamecocks have to keep an eye on. This one will come down to who can run the football, win the turnover battle and play well in the red zone.
Don't be surprised if MI takes some deep shots early, but yes, Moore is correct, they want to run the ball.
On the other side of the ball, MI is ranked third in the nation in total defense.
- Spirited Crystal Palace hold Man City at Selhurst Park
- Rain saves West Indies after electric Munro knock
- Nicolas Cage Goes Crazy In 'Mom And Dad' Trailer
- Kristaps Porzingis' 30, Jarrett Jack's tiebreaking free throws lift Knicks past Pelicans
- America Ferrera announces she's pregnant with first child
- Remain calm, but Friends is now on Netflix
- Analyst Stock Ratings: Ocwen Financial Corporation (OCN), EnLink Midstream Partners, LP (ENLK)
- India and Pakistan exchange 27th list of nuclear installations
- Jay Rodriguez confident West Brom are gaining momentum in relegation battle
- Giants to interview Patriots OC Josh McDaniels, DC Matt Patricia