Jesus, who took Olympic gold with his nation in 2016, had been assured of a place at the World Cup in Russian Federation, but with the finals just over six months away a serious knee injury could end his chances of making the cut.
Initial suspicions were that it could be a cruciate knee injury, similar to those suffered by team-mates Benjamin Mendy and Ilkay Gundogan, and he is reported to have left Selhurst Park on crutches. I admire the physicality of the Premier League but the referee has to protect the players - that's all I ask.
"He will be out for maybe one month or two months". "Then Kevin we were lucky, well not lucky". We were lucky in the past.
Sergio Aguero struck the post in the first half with a deflected effort, and City dominated the final 45 minutes, but they found Palace's resilience too much to overcome, failing to score in a Premier League game for the first time this season.
Jesus has scored 17 goals in 36 appearances for City and a lengthy spell on the sidelines could force Pep Guardiola into the transfer market in January, with Aguero his only other recognised striker.
The game would end 0-0, a scoreline which certainly didn't reflect the drama on show, with the Citizens increasing their lead at the top to 14 points, as they continue their march to the title.
- Wisconsin vs. Miami score: Badgers outlast the Hurricanes in the Orange Bowl
- S. Korea Seizes Chinese Tanker for Sanctions-Busting
- Apple apologizes after outcry over slowed iPhones
- Apple offers discount battery replacement for secretly slowing down iPhones
- New Giants GM Dave Gettleman fires draft boss Marc Ross
- Indian troops killed, 3 injured in Pulwama attack
- John Elway expected to watch Sam Darnold at USC
- "Mann Ki Baat" becomes the most trending hashtag on Twitter in 2017
- Suspects arrested in Troy Quadruple homicide plead not guilty to murder charges
- Alert on Recent Volume: Mondelez International, Inc. (MDLZ)