Jesus, who took Olympic gold with his nation in 2016, had been assured of a place at the World Cup in Russian Federation, but with the finals just over six months away a serious knee injury could end his chances of making the cut.
Initial suspicions were that it could be a cruciate knee injury, similar to those suffered by team-mates Benjamin Mendy and Ilkay Gundogan, and he is reported to have left Selhurst Park on crutches. I admire the physicality of the Premier League but the referee has to protect the players - that's all I ask.
"He will be out for maybe one month or two months". "Then Kevin we were lucky, well not lucky". We were lucky in the past.
Sergio Aguero struck the post in the first half with a deflected effort, and City dominated the final 45 minutes, but they found Palace's resilience too much to overcome, failing to score in a Premier League game for the first time this season.
Jesus has scored 17 goals in 36 appearances for City and a lengthy spell on the sidelines could force Pep Guardiola into the transfer market in January, with Aguero his only other recognised striker.
The game would end 0-0, a scoreline which certainly didn't reflect the drama on show, with the Citizens increasing their lead at the top to 14 points, as they continue their march to the title.
- Apple offers discount battery replacement for secretly slowing down iPhones
- Pakistan army, Nawaz Sharif likely to reach political deal
- Schroder Investment Management Group Sells 84516 Shares of Caterpillar Inc. (NYSE:CAT)
- Great Way To End Year - Antonio Conte Delights As Chelsea Crush Stoke
- Battle Over Contested Virginia House Of Delegates Seat Will Drag On
- EuroMillions Irish winners scoop €170 million in prizes in 2017
- Israeli jets strike Gaza after shelling with 'Iran-supplied missiles'
- S. Korea Seizes Chinese Tanker for Sanctions-Busting
- Apple apologizes after outcry over slowed iPhones
- Khabib Nurmagomedov Says McGregor Can be Humbled by Being Stripped of Title