This is the third season in the last four that the Patriots have clinched home-field advantage throughout the playoffs.
The Patriots (12-3) know what's at stake for them.
Hackenberg is the third quarterback in the Super Bowl era to be drafted in the first or second round and not play at all in his first two years, according to ESPN.
New England Patriots fans are going to want to mark Week 17 of the 2017 season down in their calendars as the day that Tom Brady threw a block by design on a running play. He caught six passes for 40 yards and ran 26 times for 93 yards.
The Steelers also finished the season with a 13-3 record but they will be the No. 2 seed in the AFC, after losing to the Patriots head-to-head. At game time, the temperature was 13 degrees with a -2 wind chill.
The Patriots, who won the coin toss and uncharacteristically took the opening kickoff, aimed to put away the Jets as early as possible.
Tom Brady threw two touchdown passes and Dion Lewis scored twice to lead New England past NY for the second time this season.
The offense then hit a cold spell as the Jets harassed Brady and erased Gronkowski with a host of heavy coverages while he still had a full workload. Cooks worked free to catch a 5-yard touchdown pass for a 14-3 lead.
The Jets (5-11) ended their season with a 26-6 loss to the Patriots on Sunday as Petty finished the game 19-for-36 for 232 yards with no touchdowns and no interceptions.
After forcing a quick three-and-out, thanks to Marquis Flowers' third-down sack, the offense marched again. The second half saw the Patriots start to take some starters out of the game and it was essentially a done deal when Jets coach Todd Bowles elected to kick a field goal while down 21 points with 10:28 left to play in the game.
- Guardiola Praises Palace After City Draw, Jesus Out For Two Months
- Arena Of Valor Closed Beta For Nintendo Switch Takes Up Arms
- Alert on Recent Volume: Mondelez International, Inc. (MDLZ)
- Five Congress MLAs in Meghalaya quit legislature
- EuroMillions Irish winners scoop €170 million in prizes in 2017
- Ashley Young Set For Ban After Sneaky Elbow Vs Southampton
- OH minimum wage increases
- Here's What Happened to Mariah Carey During New Year's Eve 2017 Performance
- Sidney Jones poised to make long-awaited debut
- Browns complete perfectly imperfect season, finish 0-16