What will be worth watching is how well Charles Leno Jr. holds up against Griffen (assuming Griffen stays in the game), to confirm or dispute my belief that one of the Bears' two greatest needs is an upgrade at Leno's position.
Keenum took over again late in the second quarter and, 10 wins later, has the Vikings on a Super Bowl track that could've been wrecked by the absence of two of the team's most vital players. Entering Sunday's finale, the Bears are just 14-33 in the John Fox Era. Chicago is putting up just 16.9 points and 311 yards per game on offense.
To come away from this game with a healthy roster is if Minnesota can score early and often.
Meanwhile, the Vikings are 4-1 ATS in their last five games in Week 17 and 11-3 ATS versus a team with a losing record.
On the other hand, the Vikings with a win can guarantee themselves a bye in the first round of the playoffs, a home game in the divisional round, and they could play the NFC title game at home should the Eagles lose in the divisional round.
Quarterback Case Keenum will earn another $250,000 by starting Sunday, likely ensuring he'll play 85 percent or more of the Vikings snaps this season. Latavius Murray and Jerick McKinnon have combined for 1,257 rushing yards and nine scores while Adam Thielen has 85 catches for 1,215 yards and four scores.
The Vikings are going for their 5th NFC North Win this week versus Chicago. Defensively, Everson Griffen is leading the team with 44 tackles and 13 sacks.
The Vikings head in to week 17 to take on a team much like the team they faced in the previous week. Chicago is a mess on offense and Trubisky has struggled heavily at times. On the offensive side, the Vikings match up fairly well against the Bears defense.
- Raiders to pursue Gruden as head coach, could offer ownership stake
- EuroMillions Irish winners scoop €170 million in prizes in 2017
- Florida minimum wage set to rise Monday
- Schroder Investment Management Group Sells 84516 Shares of Caterpillar Inc. (NYSE:CAT)
- Great Way To End Year - Antonio Conte Delights As Chelsea Crush Stoke
- Ashley Young Set For Ban After Sneaky Elbow Vs Southampton
- Khabib Nurmagomedov Says McGregor Can be Humbled by Being Stripped of Title
- Five Congress MLAs in Meghalaya quit legislature
- Wisconsin vs. Miami score: Badgers outlast the Hurricanes in the Orange Bowl
- Roman Catholic Pope Francis prays for Egypt's Helwan church attack victims