It's unknown if the beta update will expand beyond China prior to an official Oreo release, but the fact that it's up and running on current devices signals that the full blown version should be around the corner.
Ironically, the 5T, the newest smartphone launched by OnePlus doesn't have Android Oreo, yet, the OnePlus 3, 3T and 5 have already been updated to the latest version of the OS. Going by the announcement, it looks like the company is working on the same and that they will be rolling it out via closed and open beta programs. It means that OnePlus is readying the Oreo beta update for the 5T and the users will soon get the opportunity to experience it.
The release of Open Beta builds for OnePlus 5T with Oreo was announced through the OnePlus Germany twitter handle. It is, although, a big indication that we might see it rolling out in the near feature.
The flagship sports a FullVision 6-inch QHD Plus display with 1440 by 2880 resolution. The dual-SIM smartphone runs OxygenOS 4.7 based on Android 7.1.1 Nougat out-of-the-box and comes with a Face Unlock facial recognition feature as well. The front camera has a 16-megapixel sensor for selfies and video calling. It is powered by the 3300mAh non-removable battery.
- Facebook prompts option for new users: Sign-up with name as per Aadhaar
- Moon: Deal with Japan on 'comfort women' flawed
- Nokia 1 with Google's Android Go Edition to launch in March 2018
- Human rights of Jadhav's family were violated again and again: EAM Swaraj
- Merck KGaA (MRK) Given "Neutral" Rating at Nord/LB
- LG Showcases New Audio Lineup with Meridian
- Texas man gets back at Grinch who stole his Christmas decorations
- Where's Santa on Christmas Eve? You can ask Alexa
- Samsung Galaxy next is not ditching the headphone jack
- Week 17 Tale of the Tape: Jacksonville Jaguars at Tennessee Titans