Four people found dead on Boxing Day (26 December) in an upstate NY basement apartment have now been identified, and are thought to be victims of what police are describing as a quadruple homicide. The victims include two women who were in a relationship were 22 and 36 years old.
In the 2014 case, the family of Jin Chen, his wife and two children were found stabbed to death in their home.
The murders took place in Troy, a city in upstate NY.
It is not clear if the recent murders on Tuesday were linked to any illegal activity but police confirmed the killings were targeted.
Tedesco urged the killer or killers to "come forward" during a press conference on Wednesday.
Police Chief John Tedesco said he has "never seen savagery like this" in his more than 40 years in law enforcement.
Police report the bodies were found the day after Christmas by a property manager.
Their names are now withheld while police contact their relatives.
Pastor Jackie Robinson Sr, of Oak Grove Baptist Church, said that an older son related to the two children wasn't home when the killings occurred.
'Until they catch whoever they did this, there are certainly reasons to be fearful, ' the pastor told the Times Union.
Investigators revealed little about the deaths, declining to identify the victims or say how they were killed. "Nobody that's been involved in this case is going to forget this". "This will be a full-court press, if you will, until we bring someone to justice".
"It's just awful. I don't know what kind of a person would do that", said Rensselaer resident Cortlyn Cooney, whose mother-in-law lives just down the street from the home where the four victims were found dead in a basement apartment the day after Christmas.
No arrests have been made and there is no person of interest so far.
- Washington State vs. Michigan State, Holiday Bowl
- Apple stock down on early reports of weak iPhone X demand
- Shooting for Tiger Zinda Hai was challenging: Salman
- Civil rights activist Erica Garner declared brain-dead after coma
- Serena Williams set for likely Australian Open comeback after pregnancy
- Apple CEO gets salary raise after higher profits through iPhone sales
- Santa and reindeer bring more cold air for Christmas
- Arbor Realty Trust Inc (ABR) Downgraded by Zacks Investment Research to Hold
- Australia v England - Story of day one
- Reliance Jio to acquire Anil Ambani-led RCom's wireless assets