The Tottenham star set a new record for Premier League goals in a year when he ended 2017 with a hat-trick against Southampton on Boxing Day, taking his tally in the English top flight to 39.
By the final whistle, Kane had ended the year with 39 goals in the Premier League and 56 in total following back-to-back hat-tricks, his eighth treble of an unbelievable 12 months for club and country. Kane was dismissed by some as a "one-season wonder" when he emerged in 2014-15 with 31 goals, but has followed that up with 28, 35 and now 24 already at the halfway stage of this season.
"Does that still spur me on?"
"I've always said that when people doubt me I want to prove them wrong whether it's at a young age or now, that's just my mindset, something in me since a young age". "Messi is the best player in the world". "It's a amusing song for our fans to sing and I'll keep doing it for nine, 10 seasons and see where it takes me".
It's an entirely subjective argument that will always come down to personal preference, but unfortunately for Ronaldo, everyone seems to agree that Messi is the best in the world.
Messi and Ronaldo have been battling for supremacy for the best part of a decade now and with both players now in their 30s, soon they will have to step aside.
Despite this, he is willing to stand up and, above all, to enjoy the European showdown: "It will be a great match and a great experience for me, I just want to be on the field". "I want to return the ball and I don't deserve it". They've done it for eight, nine years now so to be classed in that bracket that's what I've got to do.
"The club and country one is good as it shows I'm doing it at all levels - Champions League, for England - not just in one competition", Kane said.
- OnePlus 5T Android 8.0 Oreo Open Beta Will be Available Soon
- Hancock jobless rate falls in November
- Nokia 1 with Google's Android Go Edition to launch in March 2018
- South Korea to impose new curbs on cryptocurrency trading
- Tatkal booking fraud: Piyush Goyal orders IRCTC, CRIS to strengthen cybersecurity measures
- Trump says passage of GOP tax bill will spur bipartisan healthcare reform
- Erdogan calls Syria's Assad a terrorist
- Samsung Galaxy next is not ditching the headphone jack
- Cops probe crash of Bucs' Jackson's vehicle
- Week 17 Tale of the Tape: Jacksonville Jaguars at Tennessee Titans