"I have the death sentence in 12 systems", the actor tasked to play the most unsafe Mos Eisley Cantina's drunk, Dr Evazan, famously exclaimed.
London born actor, Alfie Curtis, is predominantly remembered for famously threatening Luke Skywalker at Mos Eisley Cantina in the 1977 film Episode IV: A New Hope. "You had the death sentence on twelve systems but you'll forever live on in our nightmares and our hearts", one person tweeted. When he further threatens Skywalker, Obi-Wan Kenobi (Alec Guinness) steps in with his lightsaber and slashes off Baba's arms, intimidating Evazan.
He also referred to him warmly as "funny, kind and a real gentleman". Fans and cast members have taken to Twitter to share their tributes, including Mark Hamill.
On December 15, Twitter user Richard Daley, who said he lived near Alfie in Essex, in the actor's native United Kingdom, tweeted Mark to tell him that his former co-star had passed away. "Thanks Alf - you'll be missed". It was a quick little scene, but fans loved the cameo appearance of the outlaws. Evazan and Baba might not have had the most screen time in the Star Wars saga, however, it's hard to forget the scene, and a lot of books and content from the Star Wars extended universe have helped add color to the outlaws.
Curtis' other movie credits include the 1980s TV series "Cribb" and "The Elephant Man" production from 1980. See more photos of Star Wars actors here.
- Liberia elections: presidential run-off vote on Tuesday
- Russian experts working to restore contact with AngoSat satellite
- Home and Away actress fighting for life after crash kills both parents
- Wild Oats XI smashes Sydney to Hobart record in ninth win
- Cardinals coach Bruce Arians: 'Nothing decided' on future with Arizona
- Nintendo Switch's Game Cartridges Delayed Until 2019
- Katrina Kaif joins Salman Khan for his birthday bash
- UCLA Bruins pricked by K-State Wildcats in Cactus Bowl, 35-17
- Dominion sending more personnel, equipment to Puerto Rico
- CDC to provide free hepatitis A vaccine to infants next year