The Polk County Sheriff's Office and Polk County Fire Rescue responded Sunday morning to a small plane crash at the Bartow Municipal Airport that has resulted in fatalities.
Deputies said a twin-engine plane crashed near the end of a runway at Ben Durrance Road on the Bartow Air Base.
"There are several deaths", the statement said.
After reviewing video of the crash, Judd said no one should have been taking off in that weather.
When crews got to the scene the plane was fully engulfed and the fire was under control at 7:44 a.m., said PCFR. The Sheriff's Office will investigate. He went on to say the airport was saturated with fog.
PCSO is conducting the death investigation and the National Transportation Safety Board is now en-route to investigate the cause of the crash.
The NTSB and FAA were tasked with investigating what caused the crash.
- AT&T's big $1 billion tax bill investment was announced 6 weeks ago
- Many feared dead in Philippines mall fire
- Turkey sacks some 2700 more public sector workers
- Environment Canada issues special weather statement for a very white Christmas
- 'Jhadav-family meeting may extend to an hour'
- As much as 20 cm now predicted for Christmas morning
- Jio New Year Dhamaka offer
- Vice apologizes for "boy's club" after sex harassment report
- Lakers end Rockets' 14-game win streak
- Carlow/Kilkenny people urged to check numbers after Lotto win at airport